Patch changes live

Patch changes live
« on: August 06, 2018, 03:49:39 AM »
Hey guys and thanks for letting me join the DSI Forum.

I bought a REV-2 a half year back for studio use mostly.
But now I have gotten the question to become a bandleader for a new upcoming hiphop/rnb artist in Sweden and I would save a lot of time and work if I could bring my rev-2 on tour.

My question for you guys is: How do you change programs during liveshows?
I have some difficulties with the dial wheel and feels it's quite unreliable when in need of fast changes between programs. Then I sometimes see the rev-2 is skipping a program and for example if I want to go from program 1 to 2, I can if I dial to fast/hard end up on program 3 or even 4.

Have u guys any tips for me how I can change program during liveshows with button pushes/Pedals?

Really appreciate any help you can give me!

Best wishes Erik

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Patch changes live
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:05:12 AM »
Hey guys and thanks for letting me join the DSI Forum.

I bought a REV-2 a half year back for studio use mostly.
But now I have gotten the question to become a bandleader for a new upcoming hiphop/rnb artist in Sweden and I would save a lot of time and work if I could bring my rev-2 on tour.

My question for you guys is: How do you change programs during liveshows?
I have some difficulties with the dial wheel and feels it's quite unreliable when in need of fast changes between programs. Then I sometimes see the rev-2 is skipping a program and for example if I want to go from program 1 to 2, I can if I dial to fast/hard end up on program 3 or even 4.

Have u guys any tips for me how I can change program during liveshows with button pushes/Pedals?

Really appreciate any help you can give me!

Best wishes Erik

Update to the latest BETA OS... the encoder problem has been fixed since 1.1.4.5

There is no other means to change programs via pedals or the like... only other way is if you have something connected to the MIDI input (DIN), that can send bank and program changes, like another keyboard or some sort of controller capable of changing programs (sending program change MIDI commands)...

The encoder is pretty darn reliable after the last fix I'd say... works smoothly for me here...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:07:46 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:29:35 AM »
That's sounds awesome Razmo! I have too check the BETA OS out asap. Thx man!

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
I bought a MIDI changer (Gecko MKII One Control) with the intention of using it for quick changes. Truth be told, I haven’t really been using it. I organized my sounds across the banks- instead of chronological order in a single bank.  If I’m switching between two sounds, I put the first patch in Bank 2 and the second patch in Bank 1 (on the same number). That way, even a sloppy counter-clockwise turn of the bank knob will get me there with no problem. If I have three changes in a song, I usually have more time between one of the changes than the other, and I always keep the quicker change going to bank 1. (Of course, whenever possible, I use splits to avoid changes, which is one of the big advantages of a 16 voice Rev2.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:13:17 PM by Jason »

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »
There are a couple of threads on this but I can recommend the Sipario box which gives you one place to change all midi settings on all devices...works really well.