Unable to Load Sysex Beats into Tempest

Unable to Load Sysex Beats into Tempest
« on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:44 AM »
Does anyone have any of the Older OS files For Tempest,preferably 1.4 I have tried to load in some old Beats via USB these are beats that I saved about 18 months ago,they worked fine dumping them back in before so I know its not anything I'm doing wrong now they don't load directly into the Tempest,the Unit says the file is transferring but then hangs,I had this problem after updating a few OS ago and lost loads of projects as they weren't compatible with the newer OS and did the same thing before with trying to load them back in.

I know I updated the Tempest to 1.5 in the last few months but can't remember exactly when but the files I saved prior to updated I know they worked prior to updating so am guessing it has to do with the Newer OS as this happened previously so would like to Roll back to the older OS and see if I can load them in again does anyone have the file or can tell me where I can get the older OS files from,The DSI support page only shows 1.5

I prefer to dump my Files externally via USB rather than save them internally on the Tempest as its more convenient for me and then dump them back again as I need them but now can't do this,I hadn't realised this since loading in 1.5 OS so need to Go back or I shall lose many hours of work!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:48:26 AM by Uncle Dieppe »

Re: Unable to Load Sysex Beats into Tempest
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
I wouldn’t recommend that..What program are you using to transfer your sysex files?Also check your USB cable if it’s in a good state and watch out if you don’t have enough available space..

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »

I wouldn’t recommend that..What program are you using to transfer your sysex files?Also check your USB cable if it’s in a good state and watch out if you don’t have enough available space..

Hi thanks for the Reply,I've managed to find the 1.4 OS file,as I had burned it to a CDRom sometime ago,so was able to use the older OS File,so have rolled back the Tempest and am able to reload all the old projects and beats back in with no problems so I shall save them internally first and then reload the Newer 1.5 Back in and dump them via USB once the newer OS is loaded,hopefully the files should be fine with the newer OS

I knew it wasn't the Cables or lack of memory in the Tempest nor the Sysex program I'm using to dump the sysex data,I've been dealing with Midi and things for 25+years and owned a large studio for a couple of decades so am confident in my trouble shooting with Music Technology,this is why I needed the older OS file to rule that out as the issue,which it was,as everything worked prior to updating the Tempest.

Hopefully once I've saved them internally and updated the OS the files should be compatible,if not then I will stick with 1.4,I had updated to 1.5 just because the file was available but had not experienced any issues with 1.4 so would be happy to stick with that if the files aren't compatible with 1.5

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »
Too many bugs in 1.4 i wouldn’t stay there...I’d try to copy settings to 1.5 as it’s the most stable version and go on from there as it’s the final Tempest OS..

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 04:57:00 AM »

Hi thanks for the Reply,I've managed to find the 1.4 OS file,as I had burned it to a CDRom sometime ago,so was able to use the older OS File,so have rolled back the Tempest and am able to reload all the old projects and beats back in with no problems so I shall save them internally first and then reload the Newer 1.5 Back in and dump them via USB once the newer OS is loaded,hopefully the files should be fine with the newer OS

I knew it wasn't the Cables or lack of memory in the Tempest nor the Sysex program I'm using to dump the sysex data,I've been dealing with Midi and things for 25+years and owned a large studio for a couple of decades so am confident in my trouble shooting with Music Technology,this is why I needed the older OS file to rule that out as the issue,which it was,as everything worked prior to updating the Tempest.

Hopefully once I've saved them internally and updated the OS the files should be compatible,if not then I will stick with 1.4,I had updated to 1.5 just because the file was available but had not experienced any issues with 1.4 so would be happy to stick with that if the files aren't compatible with 1.5
Wow so I won't be able to load any sysex beats and sounds prior to 1.5 on my updated Tempest?