New os?

Kja

New os?
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:00:34 AM »
Now that rev2 has midi from the arp/seq, what are the chances that we will get this crucial upgrade? This is very important to me and would turn the sequencer from a nice extra to something I can actually use in my work. So please dsi? PLEASE??? :'(

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: New os?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:29:26 PM »
Chances are good.  We will be returning to the Prophet 6 and OB-6 in the near future.

Stay tuned!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »
Any chance we might also get to have the ability to transpose the sequencer on the fly without having to hold down Record? I know it’s been a frequently requested feature but it seems to have not been implemented since the P6 to the PX, is it just not possible to do for some reason?

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »
Any chance we might also get to have the ability to transpose the sequencer on the fly without having to hold down Record? I know it’s been a frequently requested feature but it seems to have not been implemented since the P6 to the PX, is it just not possible to do for some reason?

It would be awesome if you could use a pedal instead of the record button.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 09:57:01 PM »

It would be awesome if you could use a pedal instead of the record button.

Well I mean you technically can use a Midi foot switch but I'd rather just have some way of just doing it on the fly like on my Sub 37. It makes it a lot easier when playing multiple synths.

Kja

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 06:16:16 AM »
Chances are good.  We will be returning to the Prophet 6 and OB-6 in the near future.

Stay tuned!
Oh man oh man! You have made my week!! I'm so freaking excited for this you have no idea!
I don't understand how can it transpose with out holding down a note when you can play it at the same time? I don't want to lose my ability to play over a sequence because folks want transpose who can't hold a button down?

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 06:54:53 AM »

Stay tuned!
Oh man oh man! You have made my week!! I'm so freaking excited for this you have no idea!
I don't understand how can it transpose with out holding down a note when you can play it at the same time? I don't want to lose my ability to play over a sequence because folks want transpose who can't hold a button down?

There is a way to do both one of the DSI staff suggested the ability to hold down the Hold button or even Record button until it flashes, start the sequence and that allows you to transpose the sequence on the fly. I think that’s a good suggestion so you can alternate between both functions of the sequencer (the ability to play over top a sequence and to transpose the sequence on the fly)

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »

Stay tuned!

There is a way to do both one of the DSI staff suggested the ability to hold down the Hold button or even Record button until it flashes, start the sequence and that allows you to transpose the sequence on the fly. I think that’s a good suggestion so you can alternate between both functions of the sequencer (the ability to play over top a sequence and to transpose the sequence on the fly)

And if it’s possible to toggle between both modes by means of a long button press without interrupting the playback then it’d be possible to solo over the top, transpose and then solo over the transposed sequence afterwards.

LoboLives

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »

Stay tuned!

And if it’s possible to toggle between both modes by means of a long button press without interrupting the playback then it’d be possible to solo over the top, transpose and then solo over the transposed sequence afterwards.

Again this is dependent if it’s implemented.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 06:22:05 PM »
MIDI Out for the Arp/Sequencer has been added in the latest BETA OS release, as well as Arp beat sync and the ability to transpose UNSION sequencers from the keyboard--plus, various bug fixes.
SEQUENTIAL