BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

maxter

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2020, 12:03:12 PM »
I'm experiencing a bug when attaching an LFO to the VCA -- it causes the oscillators to generate a tone despite no key presses on an initialized patch. Is this a known issue? super annoying.

I don't think it's a bug, as it's modulating the VCA level found in Misc parameters, which is a direct control of the VCA (for drones etc). But you could route Env 3 to control the amount of the LFO that's modulating the VCA level. Or perhaps routing the LFO directly to Envelope 2 amount could work?
The Way the Truth and the Life

Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.18 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »

Hello

Apologies if this is the incorrect place to post, I've looked everywhere and I can only see one other mention of my issue very early on in this thread and could not see a fix.
The below user seems to have suffered the same issue where basically the notes played out the sequencer just hold and do not end. It happens when recording in Cubase, leaving one long note and also when just triggering other devices. I'm on 1.1.5.9 USB connected but have tried MIDI and have tried every setting one at a time but cant seem to figure this out?

Has anyone else come across this as I can't find a workaround. Thanks.

Don't know if this is a bug or user error - don't *think* it's user error, could be wrong though, just can't figure what it might be. Anyways, I updated my Rev2 desktop to 1.1.14.18 yesterday to try out the poly sequencer MIDI out. It works, but I'm not getting any note off information, all the notes just hang there. I've got a workaround, I have my DAW (Bitwig) set up to force all incoming notes to a fixed length (I'm using 16th notes) and then everything works fine. So it's not freezing up, it's continues to send the correct note information. There's no MIDI incoming to the Rev2, just MIDI out from the Rev2 to my DAW. edit: I'm using DIN, not USB for MIDI. I'm clocking the sequencer with gates/triggers.

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2020, 10:10:41 AM »
Don't know if it's related to OS v1.1.5.9 because i have my prophet for only two days but i've noticed that i can't modulate FX param1 when it's on clocked BBD delay (tried with every modulation source available).

« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2020, 01:15:08 PM »
I just tested this in Logic. The Rev2 sequencer does not send note off midi commands. Therefore all recorded notes are stretched to the end of the region. It seems to be a bug. The only workaround I see is to manually shorten the recorded notes in the DAW. Logic has a nifty tool called Midi Transformer.

Hello

Apologies if this is the incorrect place to post, I've looked everywhere and I can only see one other mention of my issue very early on in this thread and could not see a fix.
The below user seems to have suffered the same issue where basically the notes played out the sequencer just hold and do not end. It happens when recording in Cubase, leaving one long note and also when just triggering other devices. I'm on 1.1.5.9 USB connected but have tried MIDI and have tried every setting one at a time but cant seem to figure this out?

« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2020, 02:20:02 PM »
I just tested this in Logic. The Rev2 sequencer does not send note off midi commands. Therefore all recorded notes are stretched to the end of the region. It seems to be a bug. The only workaround I see is to manually shorten the recorded notes in the DAW. Logic has a nifty tool called Midi Transformer.

Hello

Aah Cheers. Thanks for confirming for me, hopefully there will be a fix in the coming updates.

bax

« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2021, 07:26:17 AM »
@Eric Blair found an issue with the Globals menu described in the following post:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4946.msg49267.html#msg49267

His description:

To see if I was going mad I went back and checked.
In the "global" menu.
My rev 2 module goes...
25. 26. 27. 29. 30.
But in the other direction it goes...
30. 29. 26. 25.

So it misses out "27. Save Edit B" in one direction!

I think I may have stumbled across a bug in 1.1.5.9

I am seeing the same behaviour as well.  Not anything that isn't able to be worked around, but it is definitely there...

Thanks!
bax

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2021, 04:37:01 AM »
This is somewhere between een bug report and a feature request (since I do not no whether the not so useful behavior is intendet like it is):

The shortcut <destination> - <move modwheel> only works once. If there is already one modwheel entry in the mod-matrix, the shortcut does not do anything anymore. It would be natural to have it either 1) create a new mod slot for modwheel (the same behavior as when using the shortcut the first time; this would be my preferred behavior), or 2) jump to the existing modwheel mod slot.

« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2021, 07:54:17 PM »
When my REV2 (and many others user's) has warmed up for a while, the calibration of the oscillators and filters suddenly slows down and stop..

jok3r

« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2021, 01:23:41 AM »
When my REV2 (and many others user's) has warmed up for a while, the calibration of the oscillators and filters suddenly slows down and stop..

If it has warmed up, you have to powercycle your Rev2, before doing the calibration routine. Should work flawless this way.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2021, 04:34:10 AM »

No reply.?

(Note: Moderated to remove spam URLs)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:48:38 AM by chysn »

maxter

« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2021, 06:48:23 AM »
jok3r gave the answer above your last post. I believe Razmo documented this some years back. If my memory serves me, the Rev2 should be warmed up for 20min or something, then "power cycled", ie turned off, then wait 10s, then turn it on again and run the calibration. It's still warmed up, and the calibration should run smoothly.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »
Another issue that needs to be resolved is that pitch bend and aftertouch should work on both layers of a 16-voice split Rev2 when using MIDI. (As confirmed by Mark Kono of Sequential support in case #65088: "At present you cannot address each layer via MIDI for separate wheel movement on both the Rev2 module and keyboard.")

« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2021, 08:13:54 PM »
I'm experiencing a major issue where most every patch I use has a phasing problem. I have to correct it in my DAW via phasing parameters to make it usable. Very sad times.

Edit: I must be the stupidest person on this thread right now– Accidentally plugged the L/R cables into the Phones/L jack rather than the corresponding outputs.  :-X
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 08:50:27 PM by PrestnLD »

« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2022, 04:29:02 AM »
Just for having this archived here, I am not expecting a fix. I just discovered something of which I presume it is a bug (without great consequences):
Say,
- I have a patch with an effect added wit effect mix set to, say, 64.
- I route the modulation wheel to affect the mix amount negatively
- When I set this modulation amount to -64, this works as expected
- When I set the modulation amount to, say, -127, the effect mix goes down towards the middle position of the modulation wheel, and increases when I turn the modulation wheel further up.

« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2022, 04:13:22 AM »
I just discovered something of which I presume it is a bug (without great consequences):

If you have a signed integer number that is just overflow, isn't it, that it wrappes arround?
- a negative overflowing become positive

Have not tested, but in manual there is something about envelope amount and velocity amount that are added together pretty much, you just have to balance these two together to make sense.

« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2023, 01:21:30 PM »
Just recently (one week maybe) started having the following issue below...

When sending a program change via Ableton Live, although my REV2 responds to said program change, the LED display screen still shows the old program (before the program change was sent). At this point, if I click the Global button on and then off, the proper program is displayed. This is highly problematic for in a performance.

Anyone else had this issue?

I've been on 1.1.4.26 firmware for a long time as I didn't want to update as it seems users on the forum have reported new  issues being introduced with updates. I've not had the issue above in the last year (or more) that I've been on 1.1.4.26.

UPDATE: I just noticed that although the program changes, as in the sound does, and after pressing the Global button on /off the display then shows the proper program name .... it still shows the wrong Bank/Program number. IF I then manually change the program via the Program knob, it switches to the program one slot over from the old program and then if I turn one click back it's on the old program again.

It's totally jacked essentially. Please send help

same here, a couple of years later...

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,7058.0.html

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2023, 11:59:57 AM »
Hello everyone,

I tried searching and came up empty handed. My 8 voice Rev2 has an issue with voice number 8 (or 4 if stacked) falling flat or distorted each time it is voiced. It happens every key stroke and only on some patches. Anyone with this issue?

Thanks!

« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2024, 03:14:33 AM »
Hmm, I don't believe it's a bug either. It seems like it's adjusting the VCA level through the Miscellaneous parameters, which directly affects the VCA for creating drones and such. One workaround could be routing Env 3 to control the intensity of the LFO that's modulating the VCA level. Alternatively, you might try routing the LFO directly to the Envelope 2 amount and see if that achieves the desired effect. Just like how VidMate offers different features to enhance your video experience, exploring these routing options can help fine-tune your sound design.