BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.6 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
(although not always in correct phase relative to incoming source clock).

MIDI clock has no concept of phase at all, so this is very normal with all beat synched MIDI devices. You can resync certain components to the clock with the MIDI transport START command which at least provides the idea of the initial phase relationship, but only transport-sensitive controls (the sequencer, usually) are likely to obey this.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
I just discovered that the "ringmod" bug is still present... just made a preset that introduce it... again a problem with layer B... this time, after loading this bugged preset, I also experienced strange behavior when switching to a preset that only use layer A after having loaded that buggy preset... at one time it started to ping pong the sound from left to right for eight keystrokes, then the sound changed to center for the next eight keystrokes... another time it played for eight keystrokes, and then went silent for another 8 keystrokes...

It seems that the bug change character as I switch the Layer B effect on/off...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:51:28 PM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »
Thanks for the note.  We'll look into it...and fix it as we always do.

Also worth noting that this is not related to a specific Layer B problem.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the note.  We'll look into it...and fix it as we always do.

Also worth noting that this is not related to a specific Layer B problem.

ok... it just always seem to happen when the B layer is initiated... anyway, I'm just glad you will fix this because this bug (what ever it is) is happening quite often for me when I'm designing my sounds, and the reason I'm loosing my temper a bit over it (explaining the now moderator erased comment I made in my last post).

I have been doing quite a bit of sound design on the REV2 over the last 7-8 months, and I often run into some strange behaviors from time to time, that I usually cannot even replicate to make a support ticket about it... If I just happen to squeeze out all the bugs with my sound design i do not know... but there just seem to pop something up from time to time... that is why I proposed to take a thorough look at the engine.

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2019, 03:33:47 AM »
hi
i did the update from 1.1.4.27 to 1.1.5.9,
I have still the same issue with my rev2.
I mainly create from basic program my own presets, and mainly stack sounds.
I send program change from ableton and the sound is ok, programs are changing. but the display don't change the number of program (always U2P42 appears...) the name of the preset is changing correctly but not the preste number, even if the sound is the correct one. It's not a big issue, but it is the kind of thing that can make me panic one stage, making me wondering about a problem from ableton or midi wire....
Anyone experiencing the same issue ? any idea to solve it?

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
When BBD delay is on, with clock sync on, LFO & Matrix modulating Param1 are not working. Didn't with a EG.
Is it normal?

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
Never had calibration issues with any F/W but 1.1.5.9 always is stuck at Voice 1. OSC2.
Reset Global, Power off/on does not fix it. Did the same sequence on 1.1.5.9 as I do after every upgrade: Reset Globals then start Calibration
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:28:02 AM by musicmaker »

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
Yes. I already informed the Support about this issue - they told me that „the BBD is different than the DDL“ regarding the time parameter. It seems to be an intentional configuration.

When BBD delay is on, with clock sync on, LFO & Matrix modulating Param1 are not working. Didn't with a EG.
Is it normal?

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi All,

Have I done some completely stupid? 🥴

I purchased a Rev2 several months ago. It appeared to be working fine. So far so good.

Yesterday, on the DSI product support website I noticed the current OS firmware is 1.1.4.27. I checked my OS version and it said 1.5???. Trusting what I found on the website I followed the instructions and installed the 1.1.4.27 firmware. I now have major problem. Following installation I have gained a loud ‘clicking’ sound on voice trigger/key depression. On initial investigation it seems to specific to the B Natural key in the higher octaves. It is not present on all patches but it is prominent where LFO mod is involved (strings etc).

Having just joined the forum I have noticed mention of OS 1.1.5.9.

Which beckons the question, have been stupid and installed the wrong Time OS 🥴

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »
Hi All,

Have I done some completely stupid? 🥴

I purchased a Rev2 several months ago. It appeared to be working fine. So far so good.

Yesterday, on the DSI product support website I noticed the current OS firmware is 1.1.4.27. I checked my OS version and it said 1.5???. Trusting what I found on the website I followed the instructions and installed the 1.1.4.27 firmware. I now have major problem. Following installation I have gained a loud ‘clicking’ sound on voice trigger/key depression. On initial investigation it seems to specific to the B Natural key in the higher octaves. It is not present on all patches but it is prominent where LFO mod is involved (strings etc).

Having just joined the forum I have noticed mention of OS 1.1.5.9.

Which beckons the question, have been stupid and installed the wrong Time OS 🥴

I don't think it said 1.5... there is no such OS version yet... do you mean 1.1.5? ... you seem to have downloaded the latest OFFICIAL OS from the homepage, but there are newer BETA OS in this forum... you can download it from the sticky thread in the top of this forum... no problem, just install that and you're good to go :)

« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2019, 04:24:55 AM »
I want to repost a little bug: The shortcut <destination> - <move modwheel> only works once. If there is already one modwheel entry in the mod-matrix, the shortcut does not do anything anymore. It would be natural to have it either 1) create a new mod slot for modwheel (the same behavior as when using the shortcut the first time; this would be my preferred behavior), or 2) jump to the existing modwheel.

I cannot the current non-behavior is as intended.

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »
I think there is still an issue with the arp and the gated sequencer in stack mode:
If just Layer A or B is active, the gated sequencer plays all 16 steps in key step mode (arp on/16th), but in stack mode just 8 steps of the sequence are played.

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2019, 03:58:12 AM »
I have a second problem: Sometimes in unison chord mode the notes of the chord are not playing simultaneously.
It seemes, that this happens sometimes after changing programs. I can only reset it, if I restart the rev2.
Did anyone else notice this issue?

« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2019, 09:04:36 PM »
Has anyone mentioned the random global tuning (Master Coarse) going on everytime you turn your baby on?

Also alot of custom split patches does'nt work, the "B" split is "empty" (no OSC selected).

Prophet Rev 2 16, Yamaha Motif ES8 (AN&DX PLG), Alesis Micron, UltraNova, BS2, Toraiz AS-1.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2019, 02:39:31 AM »
Has anyone mentioned the random global tuning (Master Coarse) going on everytime you turn your baby on?

Also alot of custom split patches does'nt work, the "B" split is "empty" (no OSC selected).

I do not get any random global master coarse... are you certain you do not have your REV2 set up with some sort of MIDI controller or DAW that is sending out tuning data or something?

And about the B layer... have you tried to see if layer B is also off on stacked programs? ... if yes, then have you dumped the bank sounds you're talking about via USB to your REV2? ... if you do that too fast, all layer B presets will get scrambled (not working) because the dump has to put in delays between each program in the dump... this has been documented earlier as a probable cause for layer B's acting up strangely.

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »
I have a second problem: Sometimes in unison chord mode the notes of the chord are not playing simultaneously.
It seemes, that this happens sometimes after changing programs. I can only reset it, if I restart the rev2.
Did anyone else notice this issue?
Now I did discover another issue with layers a+b sometimes running out of sync (both layers with gated seq at the same bpm in "no reset mode"). When I restart the synth, both layers are in sync again. Strange behaviour...

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
Well I just updated from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5.9. Followed the directions to the T and some of my sounds have gone completely sideways. I've narrowed it down to the LFOs that were set to clock sync. The LFO beat division settings have changed. They all seem to be 3 to 4 times faster than they were. Oh boy. I also had to calibrate several times to get the oscillators sounding consistent from voice to voice. I finally unplugged all cables, except the power, and ran the procedure a third or forth time with good results.

This has me more than a little worried about releasing my sounds. How can I be absolutely sure that the sounds are exactly as they should be when they change so much with a version upgrade? Some of them were almost unrecognizable.

What really has me worried is this:
After updating, I went through all my sounds and fixed the LFO beat division issues that surfaced with 1.1.5.9. Did I just screw up my sounds? Were they in fact working correctly with 1.1.4? Or are they working correctly with 1.1.5.9? This is a bad place to be in when trying to create sounds for a commercial release. Of course I have back ups of both versions but I still don't know which settings are going to translate to the end users properly.

I guess I'll have to document the OS used to create the sounds and include some sort of disclaimer that explains what might happen if used with other OS versions.

Thanks for your time!

Randy

« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2019, 10:35:17 AM »
Well I just updated from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5.9. Followed the directions to the T and some of my sounds have gone completely sideways. I've narrowed it down to the LFOs that were set to clock sync. The LFO beat division settings have changed. They all seem to be 3 to 4 times faster than they were. Oh boy. I also had to calibrate several times to get the oscillators sounding consistent from voice to voice. I finally unplugged all cables, except the power, and ran the procedure a third or forth time with good results.

This has me more than a little worried about releasing my sounds. How can I be absolutely sure that the sounds are exactly as they should be when they change so much with a version upgrade? Some of them were almost unrecognizable.

What really has me worried is this:
After updating, I went through all my sounds and fixed the LFO beat division issues that surfaced with 1.1.5.9. Did I just screw up my sounds? Were they in fact working correctly with 1.1.4? Or are they working correctly with 1.1.5.9? This is a bad place to be in when trying to create sounds for a commercial release. Of course I have back ups of both versions but I still don't know which settings are going to translate to the end users properly.

I guess I'll have to document the OS used to create the sounds and include some sort of disclaimer that explains what might happen if used with other OS versions.

Thanks for your time!

Randy

Hi Randy, please see this note in the change log from a handful of BETAs ago.

Main OS 1.1.4.25 - Release Candidate

BugFix: Clock synced LFOs were previously being calculated incorrectly, as the result of a bug dating back to the Prophet 08. This was fixed in BETA 1.1.4.18, but resulted in changes to user patches utilizing synced LFOs. 1.1.4.25 introduces versioning so that user patches with clock synced LFOs made prior to 1.1.4.18 mostly sound correct with the fix. The caveat is that some time divisions still won’t sound correct and will need to be manually reset. We felt that is was better to have this bug fixed, despite the inconvenient result in certain limited circumstances. Thanks for understanding.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »
Hi Randy, please see this note in the change log from a handful of BETAs ago.

Main OS 1.1.4.25 - Release Candidate

BugFix: Clock synced LFOs were previously being calculated incorrectly, as the result of a bug dating back to the Prophet 08. This was fixed in BETA 1.1.4.18, but resulted in changes to user patches utilizing synced LFOs. 1.1.4.25 introduces versioning so that user patches with clock synced LFOs made prior to 1.1.4.18 mostly sound correct with the fix. The caveat is that some time divisions still won’t sound correct and will need to be manually reset. We felt that is was better to have this bug fixed, despite the inconvenient result in certain limited circumstances. Thanks for understanding.

Ahhh, thanks so much for that. Not sure how I missed it. I guess I should read all those notes again....again.

Randy

noir

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »
I experience the following bug:
I configured pickup mode for poti values. When I hold [show] to see the real value of a parameter while turning the poti and I accidentally release [show] before the value is reached, the parameter just jumps to the position of the poti and overwrites the original value with this.

Maybe it could be more foolproof to just show the value of the poti as soon it is moved?