BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

jg666

Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.27 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2018, 10:23:09 PM »
It's more a question than a bug report, because I'm not able to reproduce it, but it happens from time to time:

Sometimes the amount knob in the LFO section does not respond to changes anymore, but only for a single LFO. If I choose another LFO it works pretty well. If I switch back to the "failing" one, it still doesn't work. Switchen patches doesn't solve the issue. The only solution I found for this so far is to power cycle the synth. After that it works again.

Did this happen to anyone around here, too?

Yes I get this happening but not always on the same knob. It also happens on my Pro2, again I don’t think it’s always the same knob, but I can’t reproduce it at will so can’t work out why it happens. My initial thinking was that it was a particular patch that causes it but I couldn’t make it happen again when changing through the same patches.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
Hi, all! I upgraded to 1.1.4.27 from a much earlier version and performed all sorts of resets and recalibrations plus I did all of it twice to be double sure, but still Stack mode did not work at all, Neither triggered from USB midi not the keyboard. I found 1.1.4.5 here on the forum and tried that. Stack works again.

Yes! I'm having this same issue. Support told me it's logic's fault on midi echo, so apparently, my computer cares about what OS I'm running. Hard to believe, since 1.1.4.5 still works as it always has.

FWIW, I have several DSI synths, and something similar to this happened a while ago with the Prophet 12. Eventually another release fixed the issue. Currently my OB6, Prophet 12, and Prophet X work fine in all modes with logic and local turned off.

Hoping to hear about an update on this, so we will see.

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2018, 06:25:44 AM »
Just made a support ticket about the arp sync that still plays the notes in the wrong order as to set under the arp mode. I’m on firmware 1.1.5

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2018, 01:32:38 PM »
Just made a support ticket about the arp sync that still plays the notes in the wrong order as to set under the arp mode. I’m on firmware 1.1.5

Quoting myself.
Just got this confirmed as a bug and that its on the list to be fixed in an coming update :)

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.1 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »
This bug has been fixed and the new OS has just been posted.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 05:13:14 AM »

Thank you very much for this long awaited update. Now it possible for me to use the rev 2 live without an external sequencer!! The arp is working flawlessly. I can start an arp-sequence press hold, do something else, com back and change cords. Everything is in time and in the right note-order reflected by the arp mode :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2018, 05:25:45 AM »

Thank you very much for this long awaited update. Now it possible for me to use the rev 2 live without an external sequencer!! The arp is working flawlessly. I can start an arp-sequence press hold, do something else, com back and change cords. Everything is in time and in the right note-order reflected by the arp mode :)

How do you change the chords? I have to stop the HOLD mode first, before assigning a new chord... otherwise a new chord held is just added to the already held notes... or am I misunderstanding what you're writing?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »

How do you change the chords? I have to stop the HOLD mode first, before assigning a new chord... otherwise a new chord held is just added to the already held notes... or am I misunderstanding what you're writing?

You have to set Arp Relatch to on under the ARP settings.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »

arrh... sure... i should have known that :D ... thank you... it's actually quite useful now for what I intend on using the REV2 for in the future. Now the only thing I could wish for is that Sequential will finally fix that problem with recording to both layers in the polysequencer, when "Edit Layer B" is set to edit both layers (blinking).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:09:51 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2018, 06:47:17 AM »

arrh... sure... i should have known that :D ... thank you... it's actually quite useful now for what I intend on using the REV2 for in the future. Now the only thing I could wish for is that Sequential will finally fix that problem with recording to both layers in the polysequencer, when "Edit Layer B" is set to edit both layers (blinking).

For sure a very time saving feature even if you are using an editor. For now, I’m happy with the arp working. For me a real gamechanger using this synth. By the way I think that the Arp relatch setting should be se to on by default. Think this is the most normal behavior like on the deepmind12 and the old Rolands.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2018, 05:06:46 AM »
I've sent a support ticket, since the FX bug on layer B is still present under special circumstances... I've created a program that makes it crash the layer B FX which i sent along with the support ticket, so they should be able to reproduce the bug.

Again it happens when layer B has the same FX as layer A... in this case the HiPass filter... in the first place it did not do this... it happened exactly when I made a modulation matrix assignment that routed the VCA envelope back to it's VCA envelope release time... so I'm not even certain it has to do with the FX alone (or at all for that matter)... I'm more keen on thinking it might be a modulation matrix problem.

The bug makes layer B sound like it's either very low sample rate, or running thru a ring modulator... or like I'm beginning to suspect; a modulation source that has gone haywire and is making audio rate modulation to the VCA at insane speeds.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:12:50 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »

still a pity this exact behavior doesn't exist out of the ARP mode.

'Hold and Relatch', for playing perfectly sustained notes / chords after each other, without needing to press a sustain pedal all the time, just ain't possible with the REV2. Unless you use other dedicated hardware, like Squarp Pyramid but that's a bit overkill just for that functionality.

Just wondering why it's not possible to add this relatch functionality in HOLD mode, if it's already possible with the arp...

Also, the 4-notes limitation for chords on this great 16V (or 8V) synth still doesn't seem to be addressed with the latest updates... So playing a root note + a 4 note chord on top of that and save this chord in 'chord memory', skips one of that 5 notes or voices. That ain't really a bug though, but just some strange limitation decision...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:34:42 AM by luk.vermeir@gmail.com »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2018, 02:56:32 AM »
I can confirm that the FX/Modulation bug is still present, and that it has been added to the bug list again...

By the way; is anyone else in here experiencing that the Arpeggiator sometimes just simply stops playing while you hold down chords? ... you can usually start it again by repressing the chord, but I just wonder why this happens... it's happening frequently enough for it to be irritating, but not regularly enough to be able to reproduce anything. It also happens on non-arpeggiated sounds, thus just ordinary playing where the sound stops when you are still holding down keys.

Also... since I've had my REV2, sometimes (maybe once or twice a day) I experience a sudden "crackle/pop" coming from the REV2... it's just very briefly, sounding like if you had a loose plug, giving of a loud crackle/pop... it happens approx. once  or twice a day with me while playing, and only while actually playing the keys... I've never experienced it while not touching the keys... I just keep wondering if this is somehow related to this modulation bug (I do not believe it's an FX bug anymore)... if certain situations in the engine makes the modulation of something "burst" perhaps... but again; it's impossible to find a way to reproduce it, so I've not been able to make a support ticket for this behavior.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:12:49 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2018, 04:04:24 PM »
New Bug?

The program changes correctly (including sound) but it only updates the program name and not the program number on the display. I am sending classic LSB/MSB/ProgramChange messages from a Nord Stage 2 or an iPad (tried both)

OS is the BETA 1.1.5.1

Watch here:
https://youtu.be/X34QuDSycIk

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »
Thanks for the major improvements to the arpeggiator in 1.1.5.1. Finally, it is usable in a live situation. But only as long as one sticks to zero Arp Repeats.
With any repeats dialed in the arpeggio will start in up mode with the highest instead with the lowest note and vice versa in down mode with the lowest note instead of the highest.

I will send a bug report.

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2019, 06:23:24 AM »
See if increasing/decreasing the BPM causes this to change.  The delay has a maximum buffer size, if a sync'd delay time exceeds this buffer, then the buffer size is reduced.

Okay. Thanks.

I found two new Bugs:

1. I init a sound. Then i use the pitch wheel (especially the higher notes) and turn (slowly) up and down.
It makes some strange things. Bleeps and blops.
No smoothe pitch.

2. The (global) parameter "dont start and stop (master/slave mode) doesnt work for me. it starts the sequenzer everytime.

Can everyone reproduce it?

hello workfloh (and DSi peeps),

I also am getting the bug mentioned in #1 in a very similar fashion -- I am on the latest OS 1.1.5.1

Basically the pitch wheel is slow to respond and consistently out of tune -- I have to disable pitchbend range (set to 0) to make the synth play in tune now.  I have recalibrated wheels and oscilators.  I have disconnected MIDI cables to make sure no other device is interferring.  About out of ideas, going to have to submit a ticket to get this fixed -- I'm concerned there may be a physical problem with my wheel as this started out of the blue (did not patch OS recently other than to troubleshoot this issue).  I also rarely use the pitch wheel in my performances and only noticed the issue because the synth randomly got out of tune.

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
Also... since I've had my REV2, sometimes (maybe once or twice a day) I experience a sudden "crackle/pop" coming from the REV2... it's just very briefly, sounding like if you had a loose plug, giving of a loud crackle/pop... it happens approx. once  or twice a day with me while playing, and only while actually playing the keys... I've never experienced it while not touching the keys... I just keep wondering if this is somehow related to this modulation bug (I do not believe it's an FX bug anymore)... if certain situations in the engine makes the modulation of something "burst" perhaps... but again; it's impossible to find a way to reproduce it, so I've not been able to make a support ticket for this behavior.

I have this a lot with bright patches AND using chorus. I'll check tonight on which standard patch I can reproduce this.

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.6 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2019, 09:11:38 AM »
Updated to the latest 1.1.5.6 beta, and I'm sorry to report that the MIDI Clock Mode in Slave Mode TEMPO LED blinking fix still has a problem when BPM is set to 30 when receiving MIDI clock from another MIDI device, resulting in the LED flashing randomly. At all other speeds it flashes correctly (although not always in correct phase relative to incoming source clock).

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:34:18 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »
I have to report that the mod matrix still has the problem that the modwheel can not be assigned immediately via the source shortcut. you have to assign a different source first, then the modwheel seems to work too.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
I've just installed the latest v1.1.5.6 ... and generally I'm good this far... but two of my presets which also had problems earlier (the dreaded ringmod like sound), and that I changed some parameters in to make the bug go away, now sounds a bit different than before... it's presets that utilize the distortion effect that somehow seems much more distorted... much grunge'ier... not that it's bad, and I'll edit the two presets to sound like before, but it makes me wonder if you at Sequential changed something to the distortion FX algorithm to fix the bug?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:42:35 PM by Razmo »