BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.27 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2018, 12:41:33 AM »
Refering to this thread from october 2017, the FX problem should be fixed: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1959.0.html

For some reason, this is not the case... I'm on the latest beta, and it's still present... if SCI want the program that replicate the problem they can write me a note about it, and I'll give them the program for testing.
I confirm I also have the issue and now I wonder why it takes so much time fixing a so dramatic and visible problem. Because of its random nature? Or because it is inherent to a hardware design issue that cannot be fixed? I have one week left before I decide to return or keep the synth and while I love it so far this issue is a major show stopper. Please DSI help me make the right decision.

The bug might be more deep than DSI initially thought... it was thought to be fixed in an update long ago, but I'm certain that it still persist, and I'll write them a bug report right now, sending them the program I've made that introduce the bug every single time it's played... that should get them going, if they are not already on the trail of this stubborn bug.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2018, 12:54:14 AM »
I've contacted support as requested about this, and supplied them with the program I made that introduce the bug... I'll let you guys know when I hear something about it.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2018, 01:03:06 AM »
It's so all the bug reports are in one place. It helps consolidate the forum so everyone, users and us, can find things easily and there aren't tons of "bug report" topics all with just a few comments in each.

However, we can't constantly monitor each forum. We just don't have the bandwidth to do that. That's why it's imperative that you contact us through our dedicated support channel to ensure your bug is visible and/or verified.

Alright... thank you for the clear explanation... Personally I knew that you want us to contact you via support, since you've written it countless times in other threads... i just had to get this clarified openly once again so that everyone reading and writing in this thread know this, because i got this feeling that not everyone know it.

Maybe it would be a good idea to write what you just did, in the first post in this thread?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2018, 01:20:41 AM »
Refering to this thread from october 2017, the FX problem should be fixed: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1959.0.html

For some reason, this is not the case... I'm on the latest beta, and it's still present... if SCI want the program that replicate the problem they can write me a note about it, and I'll give them the program for testing.
I confirm I also have the issue and now I wonder why it takes so much time fixing a so dramatic and visible problem. Because of its random nature? Or because it is inherent to a hardware design issue that cannot be fixed? I have one week left before I decide to return or keep the synth and while I love it so far this issue is a major show stopper. Please DSI help me make the right decision.

This will be pure speculation about the cause of the bug... but to me, the sound gives me the impression that it's purely a FX DSP bug... it's only present when the FX are on, so that's a certain give away.

To me, the way it sounds is like if all FX are at a lower sampling frequency... this could probably happen if the DSP is working with more than it can handle I think... what makes me think that this is the cause is that any of the FX will work just fine when you are using only one layer... it will start only when both FX engines are in use on both layers at the same time...

Now, I do not know if the REV2 has two separate DSPs, one for layer A and one for layer B, but I'd suspect that it actually have only one that handles the DSP for both layers... thus, if two of the FX use too much processing power in tandem, you may get this bug perhaps... I do not know how DSP heavy the distortion algorithm is... I'd assume it would not be much, but I have no clue about it of course.

So... IF this is a matter of the DSP getting overloaded with some particular combinations of FX, then it may be that it's unfixable unless DSI knows how to optimize the DSP code for those FX...

but if this is the case, then it would be nice to know exactly what FX and what combinations it is that we will have to see as "defunct".

One thing I noticed as well, with my program was, that it started happening when the parameters of the distortion FX was at certain settings... I worked on that program for more than two hours without it screwing up at all, until the end of my work with it... that means that I had both layers going with the distortion FX for about two hours before it began happening... weird.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2018, 01:49:03 AM »
I can add one more observation to this bug... it's only layer B that has this problem... this is probably why some program switching after layer B has screwed up will sound correct... simply because it's not using layer B at all.

I tested this by simply making my program go haywire on layer B, and then turning down the layer B volume... i can hear that Layer A sounds fine.

So switching FX on layer B off, or turning off stacked/split mode will remove the problem, but it will introduce it again as soon as they are switched back on, and will be present on any program that use layer B until the REV2 has been power cycled.

« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »
It might be an obscur Analog Devices Sharc DSP hardware bug that is difficult to fix in software perhaps ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »
I got an answer on my support ticket about the FX bug... it has been confirmed as a bug, and added to the bug list, and should be fixed in an upcoming beta release, so stay tuned for the fix :)

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
I got an answer on my support ticket about the FX bug... it has been confirmed as a bug, and added to the bug list, and should be fixed in an upcoming beta release, so stay tuned for the fix :)
That's good news... thanks for your follow up Razmo

Is the wheel calibration a dummy feature?
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »
I executed a wheel calibration (Global 28) multiple times and while checking with MIDI OX, I found that no change was ever recorded. I eventually purposely sabotaged the calibration, setting minimum at 33% way before min position, and max at 66% way before max position and again no change.

Is the calibration a dummy feature?

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
Has anyone submitted submitted a service ticket for the arp bug (wrong order, still not perfectly in sync)? If not I'll put it in.  Would love to have that fixed.

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »
Has anyone submitted submitted a service ticket for the arp bug (wrong order, still not perfectly in sync)? If not I'll put it in.  Would love to have that fixed.

No, not yet. Thank you for reporting this bug through the „official“ channel.
But I do hope we are not supposed to coordinate the bug reports ourselfs on this forum. From now on I will send my reports directly to support while still adding them to this thread.

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2018, 09:21:41 AM »
jfyi: I submitted a support ticket to Sequential - the sequencer pedal bug is confirmed and will (hopefully) be fixed soon.

I think I've found another bug: when stack mode is activated, the poly sequencer can no longer be started via the sequencer jack. (SeqPedalMode in Globals set to 'normal').
It still works via the play button. Can someone confirm this?

Re: DDL Delay Problem
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
Hi. When turning on DDL Delay and turn the timing to quarter dot (clk sync) there is no delay. Can anyone confirm or is it a problem with my rev2. Thank you in advance.

The same here.

Re: DDL Delay Problem
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
Hi. When turning on DDL Delay and turn the timing to quarter dot (clk sync) there is no delay. Can anyone confirm or is it a problem with my rev2. Thank you in advance.

The same here.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »
See if increasing/decreasing the BPM causes this to change.  The delay has a maximum buffer size, if a sync'd delay time exceeds this buffer, then the buffer size is reduced.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »
See if increasing/decreasing the BPM causes this to change.  The delay has a maximum buffer size, if a sync'd delay time exceeds this buffer, then the buffer size is reduced.

Okay. Thanks.

I found two new Bugs:

1. I init a sound. Then i use the pitch wheel (especially the higher notes) and turn (slowly) up and down.
It makes some strange things. Bleeps and blops.
No smoothe pitch.

2. The (global) parameter "dont start and stop (master/slave mode) doesnt work for me. it starts the sequenzer everytime.

Can everyone reproduce it?

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2018, 02:23:14 AM »
Hi, all! I upgraded to 1.1.4.27 from a much earlier version and performed all sorts of resets and recalibrations plus I did all of it twice to be double sure, but still Stack mode did not work at all, Neither triggered from USB midi not the keyboard. I found 1.1.4.5 here on the forum and tried that. Stack works again.
Johan Bejerholm
World Studios
Sweden

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
I noticed the following behavior: normally the time parameter of the rev2's delay effects can be changed steplessly by a source (for example the modwheel). This works even when the delay has "clk sync" activated (which I think is totally useful)!
But it does NOT work for the BBD-delay: the time-parameter can not be changed by another source when clk sync is switched on! It makes no sense that this delay should behave differently than the others...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:48:13 AM by Kasimir Effekt »

jok3r

« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2018, 01:49:23 AM »
It's more a question than a bug report, because I'm not able to reproduce it, but it happens from time to time:

Sometimes the amount knob in the LFO section does not respond to changes anymore, but only for a single LFO. If I choose another LFO it works pretty well. If I switch back to the "failing" one, it still doesn't work. Switchen patches doesn't solve the issue. The only solution I found for this so far is to power cycle the synth. After that it works again.

Did this happen to anyone around here, too?
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2018, 09:48:27 AM »
Yes, I also have this issue from time to time.