BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.27 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2018, 03:37:52 AM »
I'm new to The Prohet REV2 so hard to say if the issue I face is related to the beta version.
Anyway I use the REV2 together with Ableton using the "External instrument". General parameters: 4.Slave no S/S,  16: Local Off. Everything works fine but after may be 1h I start hearing a very loud an digital effect that totally sounds like decimation (undersampling). If I unplug the REV2 and use headphones, same result. Somehow I believe this is related to the internal sound effects but even when I disable them I still have the lound sound. If I change the program, it carries on. Totally sounds like the effect sections crashed. Only cure so far is power Off/On
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:56:13 AM by Tugdual »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2018, 03:42:42 AM »
I'm new to The Prohet REV2 so hard to say if the issue I face is related to the beta version.
Anyway I use the REV2 together with Ableton using the "External instrument". General parameters: 4.Slave no S/S,  16: Local Off. Everything works fine but after may 1h I start hearing a very loud an digital efefct that totally sounds like decimation (undersampling). If I unplug the REV2 and use headphones, same result. Somehow I believe this is related to the internal sound effects but even when I disable them I still have the lound sound. If I change the program, it carries on. Totally sounds like the effect sections crashed. Only cure so far is power Off/On

Sounds like you're also experiencing the problem with the internal FX like you mention... there are situations where the FX act strangely when you are working in split/stacked mode... it seems to occur when two of the same FX are used on both layer A and B at the same time... so when it happens, try to look at what FX are active on the two layers... I know that some people have this problem with distortion on both layers... the bug has been around for some time, but SCI has not fixed it yet for some reason.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

andey

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2018, 09:05:36 AM »
OS V1.1.4.27 turn on  Local Control-off does not work Layer B .What should I turn on to make it work Layer B. OS 1.1.4.5 Layer B works.

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »
I'm still getting the weird unintended bitcrush/ringmod bug on my FX fairly often. Means I can't use the instrument in live performances!
New REV-2, update to the latest Beta Version = Same problem here. Some Presets destroy the sound with the FX completely. No change if i use another preset or a blank patch. I have to switch off my REV-2 to eliminate this bitcrush/ringmod FX Bug.

UXS

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2018, 03:08:09 AM »
I'm still getting the weird unintended bitcrush/ringmod bug on my FX fairly often. Means I can't use the instrument in live performances!
New REV-2, update to the latest Beta Version = Same problem here. Some Presets destroy the sound with the FX completely. No change if i use another preset or a blank patch. I have to switch off my REV-2 to eliminate this bitcrush/ringmod FX Bug.

Hello

I confirm that. The same problem here. The Rev2 has to be turned off to fix this bitcrush/ringmod FX issue.
I can't use Rev2 now to be honest :(
Sound design for Access Virus Ti / Prophet Rev2 / Ni Massive / Sylenht1 / Dune / Korg

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
Go back to a previous OS rather than a beta for now....”I can’t use the REV2 now” is a bit extreme. Never go into a performance with anything short of a thoroughly investigated new update, on anything, ever. Not your computer, not a synth, not anything.

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2018, 10:33:04 PM »
Hi, same here - happens sometimes when changing programs by hand fast with the sequencer being on, too. The Rev2 has to be turned off to fix this bitcrush/ringmod FX issue. This bug is still existing in the newest Beta release unfortunately.

Otherwise I love my Rev2, awesome synth!

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:35:18 PM by Stue007 »
DSI Prophet REV 2, Prophet X

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »
Hi,

Downloaded 1.1.4.27 via the support section of the product. I'm assuming it is not beta anymore.

I'm having an issue with doubling midi notes, as they are recorded into my host (Ableton) connected via USB.

Local Control is off, Multimode is off.

Tried alternating different parameters but it always comes down to having Stack A+B option enabled. I get a recording of a really short and the actual note after that. When I don't stack it behaves normal.

Attaching a screenshot of a midi recording (Manually moved second long note to the right so it revealed the double).

Thanks,

B

andey

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2018, 03:26:06 AM »
where can I download OS 1.1.4.5

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2018, 04:30:43 AM »
I've got a few notes (2 f-sharps) where the oscillators (or the shapes) are duller since the latest patch (1.1.4.27). Kinda hard to explain so I attached some sound.

Calibrated multiple times, including all the Razmo tricks ;)

It only happens with oscillators 1&2 (not with the sub or noise or resonance), so I'm guessing it's not the filter.

On some presets this doesn't occur, but it happens on any INIT patch right off the bat.

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »
I just installed 1.1.4.27 upgrading from 1.1.4.5 and I'm experiencing something odd.

The keyboard on the unit itself, even with local on, will not trigger sounds on many patches if the stack mode is engaged. External keyboards work fine. I reset globals and calibrated, but it's still not working correctly.

Downgrading to 1.1.4.5 returns everything to normal. Is this a bug or my unit specifically?

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 12:53:32 AM »
I've got a few notes (2 f-sharps) where the oscillators (or the shapes) are duller since the latest patch (1.1.4.27). Kinda hard to explain so I attached some sound.

Calibrated multiple times, including all the Razmo tricks ;)

It only happens with oscillators 1&2 (not with the sub or noise or resonance), so I'm guessing it's not the filter.

On some presets this doesn't occur, but it happens on any INIT patch right off the bat.

Fixed by first resetting globals, then calibrating

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2018, 04:50:00 AM »
I've been experiencing issues with the arp which appears to have already been detailed here in terms of it being slightly off in time. I've also had the issue with the FX happen once today but was able to clear it with powering off and on again. Any indication when they might release a patch that resolves these?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2018, 05:37:04 AM »
Regarding the FX bug, it happened to me yesterday with two programs I've created... particularly one where I used the hipass filter on both layers on one program, and then switching to the other introduced this RingMod like sound... from the times I've experienced it, it always seems to happen when layer A & B have the same FX going... sometimes it screws up the program it's used in, at other times it works with that program, but makes other programs sound weird when switching to them... I'll do some more experimentation with this today and post it if I find anything reproducible.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2018, 01:36:25 PM »
I've been working on a program that should simulate a thunderclap... and this program will start the "ringmod" like sound after being played for a while, all by itself... it is a program that use the distortion FX on both layers... really annoying...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
Refering to this thread from october 2017, the FX problem should be fixed: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1959.0.html

For some reason, this is not the case... I'm on the latest beta, and it's still present... if SCI want the program that replicate the problem they can write me a note about it, and I'll give them the program for testing.

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
Just a friendly reminder if anyone wants us to verify a bug, please write our dedicated support channel with reproducible steps and pertinent information. It's *the only way* you can be certain we have seen it or acknowledge it:

support (at) sequential.com

We can't always check each forum.
Thanks!

Oh, and it's Sequential (Sequential LLC to be exact), not SCI. The "Circuits" part of the name had already been dropped before Dave sold the company to Yamaha in the '80s.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »
Just a friendly reminder if anyone wants us to verify a bug, please write our dedicated support channel with reproducible steps and pertinent information. It's *the only way* you can be certain we have seen it or acknowledge it:

support (at) sequential.com

We can't always check each forum.
Thanks!

Oh, and it's Sequential (Sequential LLC to be exact), not SCI. The "Circuits" part of the name had already been dropped before Dave sold the company to Yamaha in the '80s.

This thread is a bit confusing then, because it's an official post that say "Bug Report Thread"... so people must assume that you at Sequential will be reading the bug reports here (!?) ... what is this thread for then? just for debating user to user?

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
It's so all the bug reports are in one place. It helps consolidate the forum so everyone, users and us, can find things easily and there aren't tons of "bug report" topics all with just a few comments in each.

However, we can't constantly monitor each forum. We just don't have the bandwidth to do that. That's why it's imperative that you contact us through our dedicated support channel to ensure your bug is visible and/or verified.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2018, 11:33:52 PM »
Refering to this thread from october 2017, the FX problem should be fixed: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1959.0.html

For some reason, this is not the case... I'm on the latest beta, and it's still present... if SCI want the program that replicate the problem they can write me a note about it, and I'll give them the program for testing.
I confirm I also have the issue and now I wonder why it takes so much time fixing a so dramatic and visible problem. Because of its random nature? Or because it is inherent to a hardware design issue that cannot be fixed? I have one week left before I decide to return or keep the synth and while I love it so far this issue is a major show stopper. Please DSI help me make the right decision.