BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.26 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »
Arp Bug?

I can't get a flowing ARP line in conjunction with the sustain pedal, no matter which setting under Globals #26 I use.

I simply want to play a 6 note chord, hold it with the sustain pedal while arranging my fingers for the next chord to be played. While the pad sound on layer A sounds as expected, the arp sequence on layer B either stops or does not retrigger or does retrigger on every other chord. All the other ARPs, hard- and software, I have work perfectly.

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2018, 01:23:20 AM »
Triange wave work badly.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2018, 06:02:32 AM »
Triange wave work badly.

Have you tried re-calibrating the REV2? ... I have no problems with the triangle wave here...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2018, 06:32:02 AM »
yes, I calibrated twice and it works very badly, I'm worried, it's the second main board I change.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2018, 06:34:39 AM »
yes, I calibrated twice and it works very badly, I'm worried, it's the second main board I change.

try and have the REV2 on for half an hour... then turn it off, wait 10 seconds, then turn it on again and do the calibration once again... I'm pretty certain, that if your triangle waveform sounded ok before the upgrade, then it's not the board that is the problem, but something else.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.27 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
I see under the release notes for 1.1.4.9
16. Bug Fix: Pan Mode defaulting to Alternate regardless of saved state of parameter

I am running the latest version 1.1.4.27, and this still seems to be an issue (or I'm not understanding how its supposed to work)

If I set an INIT patch, and set PAN MODE to ALTERNATE, then turn up the PAN SPREAD in the amp env, I'm getting Alternating left/right panning for each time I hit a key/voice (Expected Behavior, although doesn't seem to be hard left / hard right).   But if I set the PAN MODE to FIXED, I'm getting the exact same results... which doesn't seem like intended behavior.

I want to be able to set LAYER A to hard left, and LAYER B to hard right.   I was expecting that setting the PAN MODE to FIXED that the Pan Spread of 64 would be centered, 0 would be hard left and 127 would be panned hard right.  Or is there some other control that determines the panning in Fixed Mode?   

ALSO, it seems that when Pan Spread is set to max and Alternate Mode, it doesn't actually hard pan each voice... there seems to be some volume still coming through in the "off side".  It is possible to hard pan (ie 100% left, 0% right) a layer to the right or left?

Thanks!

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2018, 10:41:54 AM »
I’m on firmware 1.1.4.27 on the Prophet REV2.
There are still some issues with the Arp Beat Sync Quantize function. I made a video explaining this. I compare the REV 2 with how I think it should work on a Deepmind 12.
The issue with the missing note is fixed and all is on time with the new firmware. That's good. The bug now is that the arp sequence doesn't start with the right note. It's somehow random.

Could some of you guys confirm this behavior.

https://youtu.be/llCh4PEbj50

maxter

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
I see under the release notes for 1.1.4.9
16. Bug Fix: Pan Mode defaulting to Alternate regardless of saved state of parameter

I am running the latest version 1.1.4.27, and this still seems to be an issue (or I'm not understanding how its supposed to work)

If I set an INIT patch, and set PAN MODE to ALTERNATE, then turn up the PAN SPREAD in the amp env, I'm getting Alternating left/right panning for each time I hit a key/voice (Expected Behavior, although doesn't seem to be hard left / hard right).   But if I set the PAN MODE to FIXED, I'm getting the exact same results... which doesn't seem like intended behavior.

I want to be able to set LAYER A to hard left, and LAYER B to hard right.   I was expecting that setting the PAN MODE to FIXED that the Pan Spread of 64 would be centered, 0 would be hard left and 127 would be panned hard right.  Or is there some other control that determines the panning in Fixed Mode?   

ALSO, it seems that when Pan Spread is set to max and Alternate Mode, it doesn't actually hard pan each voice... there seems to be some volume still coming through in the "off side".  It is possible to hard pan (ie 100% left, 0% right) a layer to the right or left?

Thanks!

This is actually how it's intended to work, mostly. The misc parameter "Pan mode" alternate/fixed, only sets how panning is affected when used as a mod destination (matrix, lfo etc). The spread parameter is not affected by this setting.

To pan a layer you need to set up DC as mod source and pan (fixed) as destination in the mod matrix. Then you can hard pan the layers to your liking.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 07:12:48 AM »
I'm still getting the weird unintended bitcrush/ringmod bug on my FX fairly often. Means I can't use the instrument in live performances!

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 08:23:39 AM »
I'm still getting the weird unintended bitcrush/ringmod bug on my FX fairly often. Means I can't use the instrument in live performances!

I do occasionally get this also on my REV2. Quite annoying. Sequential needs to address this and correctly reset the effects DSP when changing patches.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »

So do I. Everytime I'm using my Rev2 this issue pops up. Quite annoying to be frank...

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »
Me too, and the arp still seems to be a bit of a mess. I'm getting the note order problem detailed in the video a few posts above and am experiencing some weird behavior (dropping notes, being out of time) when locking to an incoming clock signal over USB. I should probably try it over MIDI. It does at least seem better than it was before, just not perfect.

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »
I’m on firmware 1.1.4.27 on the Prophet REV2.
There are still some issues with the Arp Beat Sync Quantize function. I made a video explaining this. I compare the REV 2 with how I think it should work on a Deepmind 12.
The issue with the missing note is fixed and all is on time with the new firmware. That's good. The bug now is that the arp sequence doesn't start with the right note. It's somehow random.

Could some of you guys confirm this behavior.

https://youtu.be/llCh4PEbj50

Yes, same problem here. Arp on internal clock with beat sync enabled generates some weird note sequences. I could not figure out a pattern, neither with three note arps nor with four or any other number notes arp. It just does not start with the lowest note.

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
Yes, same problem here. Arp on internal clock with beat sync enabled generates some weird note sequences. I could not figure out a pattern, neither with three note arps nor with four or any other number notes arp. It just does not start with the lowest note.

Thanks minor7th. Hopefully this will be fixed in a forthcoming update. I use the ARP function a lot in my performances and been forced to use  the Rev 2 trough other hardware to get it working.

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2018, 03:00:19 AM »

So do I. Everytime I'm using my Rev2 this issue pops up. Quite annoying to be frank...

I get this very frequently too, I just bought the rev2 for live use and I am looking to do a show in a couple of weeks so I hope this is fixed soon.

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »
Hi there guys,

I recently bought the Prophet Rev 2 and upgraded it to the latest software. However I seem to have this issue since I upgraded that whenever I use the pitch bend it changes the entire pitch of the synth to a tone/step down. Resetting the global settings fixes it until I use the pitch bend again.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or is there a way to rectify the issue? Please help!

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:14 PM »
I recently bought the Prophet Rev 2 and upgraded it to the latest software. However I seem to have this issue since I upgraded that whenever I use the pitch bend it changes the entire pitch of the synth to a tone/step down. Resetting the global settings fixes it until I use the pitch bend again.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or is there a way to rectify the issue? Please help!

Hi, did you already calibrate the wheels?
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
I think I've found another bug: when stack mode is activated, the poly sequencer can no longer be started via the sequencer jack. (SeqPedalMode in Globals set to 'normal').
It still works via the play button. Can someone confirm this?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:52:22 PM by Kasimir Effekt »

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »

Hi, did you already calibrate the wheels?

That did it, thanks!

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
My ARP is certainly still off rhythm. And to clarify my LFO’s and whatnot are clocked fine so it’s not a MIDI issue. The speed changes when I change the external tempo from my daw (have also tried various clock sources, same result)but it isn’t synced to being on beat. Anyone else?

Also I don’t want to be coming at anybody. I love all the updates. Just curious if anybody else sees this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:40:55 PM by Troy92Evans »