BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
This thread is for users to discuss potential bugs. Please send any bug reports directly to support (at) sequential (dot) com. Sending bug reports, along with steps for reproducing the bug, directly to our dedicated support channel is the only way to ensure that we receive them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:44:31 AM by cbmd »
SEQUENTIAL

LFO Bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
I believe I found a LFO related bug. Possibly it is similar (or the same?) to this one already mentioned (which supposedly was solved): https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,2061.0.html

The thing is: in some patches with some notes the LFOs do strange things:

First Example: F4P9 Clavia Mello. Notes B2, C3, B5, C6 (mostly this last one) sound extremely rare and dissonant. If you set off the destination of the 2nd LFO, most of the problem disappears. (However, if you repeatedly play note B2, you'll note that there is still some LFO-thing going around badly but it does not sound so bad as in the beginning). I find this quite sad because this is one of my favourite patches :(

Another example: F2P82 Canadian. Press B2, it sounds broke. Then play B5, it sounds worse.

And a third one, this time citing the author of the post above:
Here is how to recreate the bug:

1. press Transpose Down/Up and Hold button to initialize a program.
2. Set LFO1 destination to Osc1 Freq
3. Set LFO1 Amount to max
4. Set LFO1 Frequency to 58
5. Play the upper last octave of the REV2 keyboard

somewhere in the middle of this octave you'll start to hear the LFO acting strangely... it happens with all the waveshapes, and at any rate setting... at lower rates you can easily hear what is going on... the amount has to be quite high before it starts to break up, and the amount for that will depend on the waveshape you choose, but all of the waveshapes does this.
(...)
In my case, using former configuration, it happens from E3 to G4.

My actual OS version is 1.1.4.9 but I also did that with the 1.1.4.5 and was the same.

Does this happens in your rev2?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: LFO Bug?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:51:34 PM »
I still once in a while get a single key that suddenly have a strange pitch glide or wobble (in lack of better words), but it's completely random, and i cannot replicate it... so i do not believe the stabillity of the voices has reached 100% yet... but they did improve it a lot since the initial OS'es...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.13 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
When my REV2 is in screen saver mode, and an OS update is started, when the screen comes on, the font is so heavily enlarged that it wraps over on the screen making it look like a bunch of garbage

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 01:02:36 AM »
When my REV2 (and many others user's) has warmed up for a while, the calibration of the oscillators and filters suddenly slows down and stop... it never pull thru the calibration.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:49:04 AM »
I've send a support ticket about this one...

After the latest update, it seems that something is wrong with the global Master Finetune... if it's the filters in self oscillating mode or the oscillators that are pitched wrong I cannot say, but I think it's the oscillators since the problem is with the Master Finetune parameter.

After doing the update I noticed that the Master Finetune parameter was suddenly set to -49 in the globals... I did a global reset again to make sure it went away... but now the oscillators are those -49 cents off... it's like it's -49 cents off even when the parameter reads 0... it's like the offset is wrong or something... if i set the parameter back to -49, then the oscillators sound correct.

EDIT: after some tests, it seems that it was certain of my presets that suddenly sounded different... 2-3 programs that utilized the filter in self oscillating mode had the problem... when I checked them, some parameters was set to have this sound, and i was able to correct them... i just do not understand why they sounded alright before this latest 1.1.4.13 OS update...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:55:23 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 01:45:42 AM »
Hello, I'm new on this forum and have the REV2 for half a year now.
Did the latest update because I saw it had an ARP beat sync in the features of the update:
 "Main OS 1.1.4.9
  1. Feature: Arp Beat Sync global'

It does not seem to be there...
Could anyone clear this up for me?

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 04:23:59 AM »
Did the latest update because I saw it had an ARP beat sync in the features of the update:
 "Main OS 1.1.4.9

Hello,

do you mean that you don't see it in the global ? I don't remenber if it's present in this last update, but it was in the previous one...
Not native english speaker.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 04:46:00 AM »
 "Main OS 1.1.4.9

I'm on 1.1.4.13, and i have "Arp Beat Sync" in the globals... it's entry .14

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 05:37:13 AM »
Hey, thanks for the answer.
But what I see now is that I didn't opload to 1.1.4.9 or 1.1.4.13 but to the previous update 1.1.4.5.

I can't seem to find the update file for 4.9 or 4.13.... :S
If I search for the latest update the only thing I can find is this page:
https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-prophet-rev2-os/

There it says the latest update is 1.1.4.5...

Where can I find the update file for 4.9 or 4.13?

Sorry to have to put this in the "bug-report"

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 06:13:56 AM »
Hey, thanks for the answer.
But what I see now is that I didn't opload to 1.1.4.9 or 1.1.4.13 but to the previous update 1.1.4.5.

I can't seem to find the update file for 4.9 or 4.13.... :S
If I search for the latest update the only thing I can find is this page:
https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-prophet-rev2-os/

There it says the latest update is 1.1.4.5...

Where can I find the update file for 4.9 or 4.13?

Sorry to have to put this in the "bug-report"

The file is in the sticky thread at the top of this forum... that is the only place you can find beta versions, and they are always published there... what you find in the support area of an instrument on the website is always the last official non-beta release... i believe that is what you have found because that is still 1.1.4.5

go here: https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
The LFO Bug I mentioned above was solved after updating to 1.1.4.13, erasing calibration and calibrating again.

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 03:57:44 AM »
It looks like the new OS version breaks alternative tunings. Not the biggest of deals for most users until you, like me, rely on them.

Resetting globals, recalibration, even after erasing calibration, etc, doesn't resolve the problem.

Luckily, it suffices to just downgrade the OS again, and even without recalibration we already get the correct tunings back.
I've contacted support about it, but wanted to spare you the time of finding out for yourself.

--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

DDL Delay Problem
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 11:53:15 PM »
Hi. When turning on DDL Delay and turn the timing to quarter dot (clk sync) there is no delay. Can anyone confirm or is it a problem with my rev2. Thank you in advance.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

maxter

Re: DDL Delay Problem
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Hi. When turning on DDL Delay and turn the timing to quarter dot (clk sync) there is no delay. Can anyone confirm or is it a problem with my rev2. Thank you in advance.

When this has happened to me, the cause has been that I've previously set the Clock Mode to Slave of some sort. That makes the tempo synced delays not work, as they're waiting for a clock signal to sync to. Press Global and see if this could be the case.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »

When this has happened to me, the cause has been that I've previously set the Clock Mode to Slave of some sort. That makes the tempo synced delays not work, as they're waiting for a clock signal to sync to. Press Global and see if this could be the case.
Thank you for your input. My rev 2 is always switched to slave and all the other delay timings work like expected so I don't think it's a midi clock problem....

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »

I can confirm I'm experiencing the same issue with an initiated patch and only activating the DDL stereo synced as slave set to quarter dot. rest of the timing divisions function flawlessly.

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »

I can confirm I'm experiencing the same issue with an initiated patch and only activating the DDL stereo synced as slave set to quarter dot. rest of the timing divisions function flawlessly.
Thank you for testing!

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.18 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »
Before I upgrade again, does BETA OS v1.1.4.18 fix the alternative tuning issues? I'm a bit surprised that the changelog doesn't mention anything wrt tuning, even though support assured me the problem was known, being looked at and would be fixed in the new beta version.

--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: BETA OS v1.1.4.18 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 03:37:15 AM »
For DSI:

I see in your changelog of the latest v1.1.4.18, that you fixed something with the LFOs regarding syncing... I think that you somehow introduced a new bug when you messed with this because I now have a program I've made, that sound VERY wrong... it is a program that utilize a keysync'ed and clocked LFO1, to shift (via OSC Mix parameter) between oscillator 1 and 2 (via a triangle LFO)... the LFO is synced to clock and with keysync because it needs to allign perfectly with the gated sequencer... in short, the sequencer is used to shift the pitch upward, and one oscillator's pitch is changed via the gated sequencer, while the LFO is making sure that the other oscillator is the one being heard... a little hard to describe it, but the preset smoothly shifted between the two oscillators, at the same time as the gated sequencer changed their pitches.

That program was smooth before OS v1.1.4.18... with the new beta that smoothness is suddenly gone... I'm unable to figure out what is causing this, but to me it sounds like the divisions have changed.... did you fix something regarding the divisions of the LFO's?