The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.6 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
(although not always in correct phase relative to incoming source clock).

MIDI clock has no concept of phase at all, so this is very normal with all beat synched MIDI devices. You can resync certain components to the clock with the MIDI transport START command which at least provides the idea of the initial phase relationship, but only transport-sensitive controls (the sequencer, usually) are likely to obey this.

Razmo

Re: BETA OS v1.1.5.9 Bug Report Thread
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
I just discovered that the "ringmod" bug is still present... just made a preset that introduce it... again a problem with layer B... this time, after loading this bugged preset, I also experienced strange behavior when switching to a preset that only use layer A after having loaded that buggy preset... at one time it started to ping pong the sound from left to right for eight keystrokes, then the sound changed to center for the next eight keystrokes... another time it played for eight keystrokes, and then went silent for another 8 keystrokes...

It seems that the bug change character as I switch the Layer B effect on/off...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:51:28 PM by Razmo »

cbmd

• Dave Smith Instruments
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »
Thanks for the note.  We'll look into it...and fix it as we always do.

Also worth noting that this is not related to a specific Layer B problem.
Dave Smith Instruments

Razmo

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the note.  We'll look into it...and fix it as we always do.

Also worth noting that this is not related to a specific Layer B problem.

ok... it just always seem to happen when the B layer is initiated... anyway, I'm just glad you will fix this because this bug (what ever it is) is happening quite often for me when I'm designing my sounds, and the reason I'm loosing my temper a bit over it (explaining the now moderator erased comment I made in my last post).

I have been doing quite a bit of sound design on the REV2 over the last 7-8 months, and I often run into some strange behaviors from time to time, that I usually cannot even replicate to make a support ticket about it... If I just happen to squeeze out all the bugs with my sound design i do not know... but there just seem to pop something up from time to time... that is why I proposed to take a thorough look at the engine.

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2019, 03:33:47 AM »
hi
i did the update from 1.1.4.27 to 1.1.5.9,
I have still the same issue with my rev2.
I mainly create from basic program my own presets, and mainly stack sounds.
I send program change from ableton and the sound is ok, programs are changing. but the display don't change the number of program (always U2P42 appears...) the name of the preset is changing correctly but not the preste number, even if the sound is the correct one. It's not a big issue, but it is the kind of thing that can make me panic one stage, making me wondering about a problem from ableton or midi wire....
Anyone experiencing the same issue ? any idea to solve it?

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
When BBD delay is on, with clock sync on, LFO & Matrix modulating Param1 are not working. Didn't with a EG.
Is it normal?

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
Never had calibration issues with any F/W but 1.1.5.9 always is stuck at Voice 1. OSC2.
Reset Global, Power off/on does not fix it. Did the same sequence on 1.1.5.9 as I do after every upgrade: Reset Globals then start Calibration
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:28:02 AM by musicmaker »

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
Yes. I already informed the Support about this issue - they told me that „the BBD is different than the DDL“ regarding the time parameter. It seems to be an intentional configuration.

When BBD delay is on, with clock sync on, LFO & Matrix modulating Param1 are not working. Didn't with a EG.
Is it normal?

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi All,

Have I done some completely stupid? 🥴

I purchased a Rev2 several months ago. It appeared to be working fine. So far so good.

Yesterday, on the DSI product support website I noticed the current OS firmware is 1.1.4.27. I checked my OS version and it said 1.5???. Trusting what I found on the website I followed the instructions and installed the 1.1.4.27 firmware. I now have major problem. Following installation I have gained a loud ‘clicking’ sound on voice trigger/key depression. On initial investigation it seems to specific to the B Natural key in the higher octaves. It is not present on all patches but it is prominent where LFO mod is involved (strings etc).

Having just joined the forum I have noticed mention of OS 1.1.5.9.

Which beckons the question, have been stupid and installed the wrong Time OS 🥴

Razmo

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »
Hi All,

Have I done some completely stupid? 🥴

I purchased a Rev2 several months ago. It appeared to be working fine. So far so good.

Yesterday, on the DSI product support website I noticed the current OS firmware is 1.1.4.27. I checked my OS version and it said 1.5???. Trusting what I found on the website I followed the instructions and installed the 1.1.4.27 firmware. I now have major problem. Following installation I have gained a loud ‘clicking’ sound on voice trigger/key depression. On initial investigation it seems to specific to the B Natural key in the higher octaves. It is not present on all patches but it is prominent where LFO mod is involved (strings etc).

Having just joined the forum I have noticed mention of OS 1.1.5.9.

Which beckons the question, have been stupid and installed the wrong Time OS 🥴

I don't think it said 1.5... there is no such OS version yet... do you mean 1.1.5? ... you seem to have downloaded the latest OFFICIAL OS from the homepage, but there are newer BETA OS in this forum... you can download it from the sticky thread in the top of this forum... no problem, just install that and you're good to go :)

« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2019, 04:24:55 AM »
I want to repost a little bug: The shortcut <destination> - <move modwheel> only works once. If there is already one modwheel entry in the mod-matrix, the shortcut does not do anything anymore. It would be natural to have it either 1) create a new mod slot for modwheel (the same behavior as when using the shortcut the first time; this would be my preferred behavior), or 2) jump to the existing modwheel.

I cannot the current non-behavior is as intended.

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »
I think there is still an issue with the arp and the gated sequencer in stack mode:
If just Layer A or B is active, the gated sequencer plays all 16 steps in key step mode (arp on/16th), but in stack mode just 8 steps of the sequence are played.