overdub recording

overdub recording
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
hallo to everybody !

i just got my Tempest - last FW - and i'm trying out the functions.

one thing that popped into my mind is:

is it possible to motion record a parameter change over an already recorded beat ? i mean, i want to make a LP filter progressive opening over 4 bars for one instrument and a progressive - but irregular - delay send increase of another

i've already read the manual and i didnt find an explicit mention of overdub recording (ala-RM1X or the more recent motion recording of TR-8S)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:57:52 PM by flusso »
DNB - Detroit style - gabber
sometimes house and ambient

Re: overdub recording
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
You can’t automate with the knobs only with the sliders by inserting the corresponding parameters in them..
From the manual inside system settings:
“Sounds slider mode: Step, Realtime—In SteP mode, note FX data input from Tempest’s Sound Sliders is recorded per step. This does not allow for auto- mating effects such as smooth filter sweeps. In Realtime mode, the two sound sliders affect Note FX for a sound in realtime during performance. While note FX data is still recorded in step format when sequencing, this allows you to add non-stepped, fluid, realtime control during live performance.”

Re: overdub recording
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »
ok

looks like next time i will pay more attention while trying an instrument in the shop

i find this pretty limiting

the de facto 32 track sequencer is ubercool, though
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:28:18 PM by flusso »
DNB - Detroit style - gabber
sometimes house and ambient