Color Scheme - White?

blewis

Color Scheme - White?
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:20:52 AM »
Did you prototype an OB6 in white/cream?

The blue pinstripes, at least on the web, look a bit busy. I understand the vintage significance.

Just wondering. What would Taylor Swift do? :-)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:33:32 AM by blewis »

Re: Color Scheme - White?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »
White would be unbelievable cool. But many manufacturers don't have the guts.  :)

Mr Kay

• The Disease
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
It'd look good in the SEM style  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:44:02 AM »
Did you prototype an OB6 in white/cream?

The blue pinstripes, at least on the web, look a bit busy. I understand the vintage significance.

A white, or "cream" colored OB-6 would have been my favorite! I understand why Tom wanted the blue lines on the OB-6. However, I do not think this decision has done a favor to the instrument's look. The creamy color would also make sense taking the "SEM inspired filter" into mind. And tolex side panels!  ;) But maybe Tom is keeping this kind of design for his own projects.

Peter
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:46:00 AM by peter m. mahr »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
The OB-6's lines do look irritating from certain angles, but maybe it isn't so in person.  Is it visually difficult to work with the panel for an extended period of time??

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
No, not at all.

Peter

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »
The OB-6's lines do look irritating from certain angles, but maybe it isn't so in person.  Is it visually difficult to work with the panel for an extended period of time??

I agree with Peter.  I thought the lines would be distracting, but they have not been.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:56 AM »

Not in the slightest - don't even really register on me when I'm working.

Shaw

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »

Not in the slightest - don't even really register on me when I'm working.

Haven't noticed.  Everything is easy to read and well laid out... But I also would've loved it in Cream / SEM color!

Cheers!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |