Problem with stacked patches

Problem with stacked patches
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:15:37 AM »
Hi guys. Since the last update I have a problem with stacked patches. There is only sound when I press my sustain pedal. Without pressing they won't play. It would be cool if some of you take some time and try some stacked patches. Thank you in advance.
I made a global reset and calibration after updating.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:17:26 AM by gernotreininger »
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Problem with stacked patches
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:58:34 AM »
All my stacked programs work fine... but there is a bit of a fuzz about the 1.1.4.9 OS... I can recommend trying these steps, in this order (that solved my problems with transposed layer B):

1. switch off and on REV2
2. enter service mode (hold transpose up and down plus global), choose to erase calibration data
3. go into global mode, and reset global data (don't forget to set these again to what you had them at, before the reset)
4. calibrate the osc/filter
5. calibrate the wheels

if that does not help, write support.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 04:17:03 AM »
All my stacked programs work fine... but there is a bit of a fuzz about the 1.1.4.9 OS... I can recommend trying these steps, in this order (that solved my problems with transposed layer B):

2. enter service mode (hold transpose up and down plus global), choose to erase calibration data
3. go into global mode, and reset global data (don't forget to set these again to what you had them at, before the reset)
5. calibrate the wheels

Thank you Razmo. I'll give it a try later and if it doesn't solve my problem I'll write support.

Gomjab

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

5. calibrate the wheels

Thank you Razmo. I'll give it a try later and if it doesn't solve my problem I'll write support.

Please post back if Razmo’s steps work for you.  I’m holding off updating until I hear more feedback.  It would be good to know if all the new issues are cleared with these steps.

Thanks

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:07:56 AM »

5. calibrate the wheels

Please post back if Razmo’s steps work for you.  I’m holding off updating until I hear more feedback.  It would be good to know if all the new issues are cleared with these steps.

Thanks

There are a bug with the poly sequencer not starting with stacked programs... so I can say that this bug is NOT fixed with my procedure above... there seems to be a few bugs related to the layers that have sneaked in... most likely because they made some fixes to this area concerning the edit buffer bugs etc... the poly seq. bug I'm talking about is a pretty bad bug, so I bet we'll see a quick fix for at least that one very very soon ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:23:59 AM »

Same bug here, and if you have read my previous thread, I had the modwheel and transpose bug, but I didn't try to do neither a global reset nor the knob calibration, as this specific bugs was fixed by a simple reboot and wheel calibration.

I wonder if I must do the global and the knob calibration ?  ???
Not native english speaker.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 03:34:19 AM »
Global reset and calibration didn't solve my problem. I already emailed to support. I'll keep you up to date.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:47:59 AM »
I have an older E-MU footswitch that came with my Emulator E4K sampling keyboard that I use with the REV2, and it works fine... I have to set the polarity to "reversed" though, in the globals... have you assured that your sustain pedal is set to the correct polarity after you reset the global data? ... i don't think that a wrong polarity should cause what you're experiencing really, that would only reverse the effect, but it's better to be certain this is not a part of the problem :)

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 04:03:09 AM »
I have an older E-MU footswitch that came with my Emulator E4K sampling keyboard that I use with the REV2, and it works fine... I have to set the polarity to "reversed" though, in the globals... have you assured that your sustain pedal is set to the correct polarity after you reset the global data? ... i don't think that a wrong polarity should cause what you're experiencing really, that would only reverse the effect, but it's better to be certain this is not a part of the problem :)
I also changed polarity with no effect....

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 04:35:59 AM »
I'm curious as to what the problem is... seems like a weird response you're getting with this.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 12:06:13 AM »
Short Update to my Problem: the issue just exists in connection with my daw. In standalone the Rev2 works perfect with no issues at all. As soon as i start my daw, stacked patches wont play, everything else works perfect. Every hint or tipp aprecciated.
I updated to the last os and already did the calibration routine. Its really weird cause I never had a problem like this before and i didnt change a thing in my setup ...

Gomjab

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:30 AM »

5. calibrate the wheels

Thanks

There are a bug with the poly sequencer not starting with stacked programs... so I can say that this bug is NOT fixed with my procedure above... there seems to be a few bugs related to the layers that have sneaked in... most likely because they made some fixes to this area concerning the edit buffer bugs etc... the poly seq. bug I'm talking about is a pretty bad bug, so I bet we'll see a quick fix for at least that one very very soon ;)

Thanks Razmo!  Usually I don’t mind being a guinea pig as I am not a working musician and can deal with hiccups.  However I don’t currently have the time to beta test so I’m going to hold off for awhile.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »

5. calibrate the wheels

Thanks

Thanks Razmo!  Usually I don’t mind being a guinea pig as I am not a working musician and can deal with hiccups.  However I don’t currently have the time to beta test so I’m going to hold off for awhile.

I believe it has been fixed with the latest 1.1.4.13 OS :)

Gomjab

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »

Thanks

I believe it has been fixed with the latest 1.1.4.13 OS :)

What is the name of that irrational fear of the number 13?  :)