Pro 2 crashes

sofine

Pro 2 crashes
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:06:47 AM »
I can reproduce a crash in my Pro2 each time I scroll through the seq track destinations while the sequencer is playing (in master mode, doesn't happen in slave thru mode).

Can anyone else repro this?

I'm on OS 1.2.0.2 (I bought a new Pro 2 only a few days ago which is why I think I have this OS installed)

Cheers,

Simon

Re: Pro 2 crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:46 AM »
Hi Simon,

I' guessing that may be a 1.2.0.2 problem which most of us don't have yet!

Probably best to contact DSI.

sofine

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »
Did you get a chance to try it out?

Yes, I've already emailed DSI support,

Thanks

Simon

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »
Mine doesn't crash but I'm on 1.1.15.

sofine

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:34:35 AM »
OK, thanks Bob.

Any relation to Rex The Dog? :) He did a fantastic remix of Heartbeats by The Knife

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
Not that I know of but you can never tell with us dogs ;)

Pepe

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »
i can confirm on 1.1.15 that scrolling through destinations in an empty track while sequencer is running in slave/master mode does  crash/freeze and requires a restart, its happens when destinations reach midi tracks , happens every time

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 11:44:05 PM »
I just tried again on mine to check and it doesn't crash, maybe I am doing something different.

Can you give me the exact steps needed to replicate?

sofine

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 01:50:05 AM »
i can confirm on 1.1.15 that scrolling through destinations in an empty track while sequencer is running in slave/master mode does  crash/freeze and requires a restart, its happens when destinations reach midi tracks , happens every time

Thanks for that Pepe.

Carson from DSI got back to me and said

"When you have encountered the synth crashing when changing the sequencer destinations, do you have any MIDI running to and from the synth? If so, please disconnect all MIDI connectivity from the synth and check whether the crash is still present."

I haven't had a chance to check that yet, will do this evening. BobTheDog - worth a look too?

blewis

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 04:38:16 AM »
I don't understand how a production worthy OS - if 1.2.0.2 is shipping to people its production worthy - ships without being available on the website or in the forum.

And this seems to be happening more frequently: P12, P6, and Pro-2. By all means continue moving forward, I just don't get why these OSes ship secretly.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 06:19:41 AM »
i had this problem and it was cured by resetting globals. my guess is globals need resetting after an os update..

sofine

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
Thanks bobule. That made no difference though, I'm still getting crashes every time.

Pepe

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »
I just tried again on mine to check and it doesn't crash, maybe I am doing something different.

Can you give me the exact steps needed to replicate?

today without changing anything it doesnt crash, i can scroll through track destinations..strange! same setup, I've tried both clock in master and slave, all combinations disconnecting cables, trying to create an external feedback loop through a daw, zilch. but yesterday it crashed every time . this happened before and i didn't really pay attention during sessions , just went ahead rebooted and continued.. not sure if an external midi feedback loop was the cause, i think its an internal issue, scrolling destinations and upon reaching midi out, something activates a loop ? midi-destinations is where the bugger sits for sure.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »
I could make it happen on any patch, just play the sequence free running, hold track select and hit track 2 then twirl the dest knob (4th one above the screen).
When it reaches Track 2: Out 2 CH16 it freezes the pro-2 and stops all sound.

sofine

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
So, after a bit of back and forth with DSI support, we have a confirmed bug:

"Thank you for confirming that. I have replicated the crash and have verified that when MIDI clock is sent to MIDI out 1, the synth will crash when the sequencer destination is changed while the sequencer is in playback. I've added the bug to our list and it will be fixed in the upcoming OS version."

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
ah yes confirmed here also, i see the globals reset just turned midi clock out off. once i enabled it the bug reappeared! good work!

sofine

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
Yeah. Good to see DSI are still working on the Pro2. I've only had it under a week now but I'm so impressed with it, sound/feature wise. It was under my radar for so long!

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »
Same bug experienced here.  I'm glad DSI is aware of this and hope a fix is forthcoming. (OS version 1.2.0.2)

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
Any bug with that severity will get fixed.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Zardonic

• Antihero
    • ZARDONIC.NET
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:27 PM »
I just had that bug today. Thankfully it's a very specific bug that can be reproduced and not a case of a faulty unit.

Fantastic synthesizer. If that's all of the issues I will encounter with it, I have no complaints about my purchase at all! :D