Loading Farfisa VST/AU Into Mopho Keyboard

Loading Farfisa VST/AU Into Mopho Keyboard
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:54:51 AM »
Is it possible to load any VST/AU into the Mopho Keyboard. If so, how?
I already installed the SysEx Librarian but I'm kinda clueless as to what is used for.

Case in point:
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1365

Re: Loading Farfisa VST/AU Into Mopho Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
You can use your Mopho to control that VST via midi but you can't "load" a VST into an analog synth. I'm not aware of any hardware synth into which you could load a VST (not counting Roland's "plug-out" thing, which is basically that idea but very specialized). You need to run the VST on your computer and use the external keyboard to control it.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:57:53 AM »
ok, thanks for the info! my objective was not to be running around with my laptop on live shows.

do you know any good small hardware where you can do this? just load some VSTs into it and then use it with the synth.

You can use your Mopho to control that VST via midi but you can't "load" a VST into an analog synth. I'm not aware of any hardware synth into which you could load a VST (not counting Roland's "plug-out" thing, which is basically that idea but very specialized). You need to run the VST on your computer and use the external keyboard to control it.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:37:46 AM »
You’d have to use an iPad or a laptop if you want to run VSTs. You should be able to synthesize Farfisa sounds on any DSI synth, but usually people want to play chords on an organ, which makes the Mopho an unlikely candidate.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:51:25 AM »
yeah, the mopho is not the ideal synth for organ chord sounds, essentially because it only has a limited amount of octaves. but it still does a good job when i use it in garageband with that farfisa VST. thanks for all the help

You’d have to use an iPad or a laptop if you want to run VSTs. You should be able to synthesize Farfisa sounds on any DSI synth, but usually people want to play chords on an organ, which makes the Mopho an unlikely candidate.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 06:54:08 AM »
Right, but it's Garageband making the sound there. If you need something smaller than a laptop for that, you might try running Garageband or something on an iPad or iPhone.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
i thought of that, but how do i connect the mopho to an iphone/ipad/android?

Right, but it's Garageband making the sound there. If you need something smaller than a laptop for that, you might try running Garageband or something on an iPad or iPhone.