Issue with Prophet when playing certain patches

Issue with Prophet when playing certain patches
« on: July 30, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
Good afternoon,

I have been enjoying my Prophet 6 but I have found some things that worry me. When playing some patches I have found that after playing a series of notes, an interference-like/distorted noise can be heard after the expected sound of the patch (the analog distortion circuit is all the way down) and this is somehow random – sometimes it happens on a different note after playing a series of them but other times if you play one note twice it can be heard as well. To my ears it sounds as if something was wrong with my synth.

I have included a sound sample where this can be heard at various times, to see if you can please help me determine if this is the expected behavior or if something is wrong with my Prophet (I normally play on the C4-C5 range). I have also included the Syx file of the patch related to the sample so that you can let me know if this can be reproduced on your Prophet as well.

Many thanks,
Prophetic

Re: Issue with Prophet when playing certain patches
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »
Hi prophetic-

Please contact our dedicated support channel and include your audio examples to determine if there's an issue: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:43:31 PM »
Additional recording - Playing same note to test the 6 voices.
All levels on mixer were set to 0 except for suboctave
The glitch can be heard on Notes 2 and 6 every time.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
Hi,

Further tests were carried out after erasing the stored calibration data a couple of times, both times powering the Prophet down and leaving it off for 45 min, and afterwards powering it back on and running the calibration routine when needed.

The glitch can still be heard at regular intervals. Recording provided with it happening again clearly on notes 2 and 6.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:55:59 PM by prophetic »

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »
E-mail support directly, they'll help you out. Not to worry.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
E-mail support directly, they'll help you out. Not to worry.

Hi Lobo,

Thanks for your message. I'm currently in contact with DSI and was wondering if in the mean time you could load the patch into your Prophet 6?

Best regards,

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
Hi,

Could somebody please load the patch into their Prophet 6 and let me know how it sounds? Or If you still have the factory presets loaded, it is patch 4 from bank 0.

Thanks very much

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 11:07:06 PM »
Hi - Did you ever get this figured out?  I'm noticing the same behavior on mine, intermittent crackling from the sub-oscillator (especially when I'm using sync)  It almost sounds like the sound a bad patch cable makes when you jiggle it around.  I'll play around with the factory patch you mentioned too, to see if I get the same behavior.