Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2020, 12:34:40 AM »
Hi,

Where can I download the latest version (1.4.0.5)?

I've installed 1.4 from 1.3 and I have a bug to report: the Alternate Tuning doesn't appear to work as the options in the Global menu only show numbers (up to 17) after the Equal Temperament setting, and they don't allow the patches to play properly.

I've reset the Global settings and unplugged USB cable.

Please advise!

I love this synth!

:-)

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2020, 01:47:26 AM »
Hi,

Where can I download the latest version (1.4.0.5)?

You'll find the latest version over here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

blewis

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2020, 05:17:47 AM »
Paraphonic sequencing sent to an external poly synth is resulting in hung notes all over the place in reverse, random, and ping pong modes. Works as expected in forward mode.

In this configuration, the alternate playback directions can only be used as a special effect as the target synth quickly reaches a sustained mess.

External synth is a single timbre on a Novation Summit.

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2020, 05:47:10 AM »
Hello

I recently update to the newest firmware, and some of my patches with sequences sound different.
Any idea why, or how to fix it?

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2020, 08:32:36 AM »
Hello

I recently update to the newest firmware, and some of my patches with sequences sound different.

could you specify in which way they sound different?
Like individual notes and their pitch being different or just the sound/timbre of them?

When I encounter this I check with a basic sawtooth patch weather the filters are working right. And if there happen to be slopes in the filter curve I recalibrate them (up to 5 times in a row testing).

Especially with resonance this can change the whole flavor of a sequence.

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2020, 02:10:58 AM »
Hello

could you specify in which way they sound different?
Like individual notes and their pitch being different or just the sound/timbre of them?

When I encounter this I check with a basic sawtooth patch weather the filters are working right. And if there happen to be slopes in the filter curve I recalibrate them (up to 5 times in a row testing).

Especially with resonance this can change the whole flavor of a sequence.

The sequence was a highly altered edit of a preset. There are crunchy tones where there were once smooth tones. I have checked every sequence for what may be causing it. I haven't had any luck. I recalibrated everything, but not the filter curves. The filters seems to be fine. I was a dummy for not backing everything up.

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2020, 02:47:11 AM »
I saw this when linear FM was added. I had previously programmed some patches utilizing exponential FM, but after I updated the firmware with the linear FM addition, some of those patches/sequences changed. I haven't bothered to reprogram them yet, and in all fairness, I don't know for sure if that was the cause, but just an observation, and something you might check, if applicable.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2020, 12:23:42 AM »
Couldn't you try rolling back the firmware, see if the patches revert and then back up before reinstalling the latest firmware?

It could be that certain parameters were given a slightly different location in the code between versions; this would cause differences (but saving probably wouldn’t help anyway).

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2020, 07:35:59 PM »
Couldn't you try rolling back the firmware, see if the patches revert and then back up before reinstalling the latest firmware?

It could be that certain parameters were given a slightly different location in the code between versions; this would cause differences (but saving probably wouldn’t help anyway).

I can try this. Where do I find older versions of the OS?

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2020, 04:47:09 AM »

I can try this. Where do I find older versions of the OS?

The main sequential website should have the latest official (non-beta) release of the firmware. At the very bottom of this page:
https://www.sequential.com/download-latest-pro-2-os/

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:53 PM »
MIDI Port 2 is set to Out, but it doesn't work. If I plug the same cable from the MIDI Out Port 1 it works as it should.

Not sure if it's a bug, but I don't see how it wouldn't transmit data when set to Out in Global.
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2021, 07:39:38 PM »
Quick poll to Sequential moderators-- is it safe to assume beta 1.4.0.5 is no longer under active development?

Most recent supported firmware is 1.4.0.1 and alternate tunings are not properly implemented. Beta 1.4.0.5 seemed to attempt to rectify this but the tuning Sysex does not correct the issue.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:28:13 PM by damian »

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2021, 06:36:18 AM »
Alternate Tuning Fix-- after updating your firmware be sure to 'Reset Globals'.  The Alt tuning Sysex transfer (via Sysex Librarian on Mac) will then function as expected.  Alternate Tunings are then present in slots 2-16.

Question is still open on the release status of firmware 1.4.0.5.

Weird paraphonic sound behavior
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2021, 07:48:53 AM »
Hi,

Normally, if you play a single note with paraphonic sound it plays each oscillator sequentially .
After the update to 1.4.0.5 , it stops cycling oscillators after some chord is taken.
See the video attached.

I'm not sure it is related to 1.4.0.5, but I notice it after an upgrade.

Thanks,
Stas.

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2021, 06:54:33 AM »
Please post any bugs you might find on the 1.4.0.1 OS to this thread.

Thanks!
Link for OS 1.4.0.5 Beta for PRO 2
Alexia

« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2022, 11:12:14 AM »
"Request Global Parameter Dump" sysex  message (F0 01 2C 0E F7)  isn't working in OS 1.4.0.5 and 1.4.0.1.
MIDIOX Reproduction:
1. Request Program Edit Buffer Dump (F0 01 2C 06 F7)
ok works
2. Request Global Parameter Dump (F0 01 2C 0E F7)
the reply is 2 bytes of garbage
3. Request Program Edit Buffer Dump again (F0 01 2C 06 F7)
no reply
Pro2 doesn't accept any new sysex messages until the next reboot.
Or an initiate of sysex dump function (for example "Dump Current Program") from the globals menu will wake up again the "sysex listener".

(Tested with USB. The MIDI port doesn't work either, but I didn't analyzed that case)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:18:25 AM by TheSynthArmada »

tommy

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2022, 05:15:53 AM »
Hi All,

I just installed Pro 2 BETA version 1.4.0.5 but I'm still having problems with my filter 2. When sweeping F2, has a point between 100 and 130 where the filter acts with wrong values.
I have tried initializing, clearing and calibrating the filters many times.
Is this something that can be solved with software or do I have a problem with my hardware?
Thanks !!!

tommy

« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2022, 03:16:30 PM »
Hi,
I have been talking to Sequential support and they have told me that I have to send my PRO-2 to repair my filter 2.
Sequential support has been very quick and kindly to reply and propose a solution.
Thanks !!

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2022, 03:04:11 PM »
  • When I update the OS, I can see an indication on the front panel, and checking under Globals confirms I've installed 1.4.0.5. But when I run the alternative tuning sysex with MIDI-Ox, I see no indication of data reception on the Pro 2. Is there a way to check that the alternate tunings update has been installed?
  • This is more of a question than a bug report. The Pro 2 manual states that to start with an initialized patch, you press Global and turn Soft Knob 1 until you reach option 31, which the manual claims will be Basic Program. But the globals all have to do with MIDI and I/O, so 31 is CV 1 Out Scale, which seems logical for that page. Is there a different way to get to Basic Patch now?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 04:13:49 PM by Scrypt »

LPF83

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
  • When I update the OS, I can see an indication on the front panel, and checking under Globals confirms I've installed 1.4.0.5. But when I run the alternative tuning sysex with MIDI-Ox, I see no indication of data reception on the Pro 2. Is there a way to check that the alternate tunings update has been installed?
  • This is more of a question than a bug report. The Pro 2 manual states that to start with an initialized patch, you press Global and turn Soft Knob 1 until you reach option 31, which the manual claims will be Basic Program. But the globals all have to do with MIDI and I/O, so 31 is CV 1 Out Scale, which seems logical for that page. Is there a different way to get to Basic Patch now?

Just scroll a bit further and look for "Basic Program" in the list (menu item #36 on OS 1.4.0.1).

In the 1.4 manual addendum, its referred to by the name instead of the numerical order in the list.  I guess once the manual has gone out in physical print maybe they are reluctant to update the primary .pdf.  You can find the manuals and addendums on the main support page for the Pro 2.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC