Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.1 Bug reports
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
When running the arpeggiator, adjusting the sequencer length in the menu causes the arpeggiator to stop. This happens both latched and unlatched, though in latched the notes just hang. If one then holds notes down again, it restarts but sounds like the envelopes are at the end of their cycles and not being triggered anew.

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2019, 07:21:53 AM »
Parameter revert doesn’t seem to work on “filter envelope amount” “velocity amount” or “delay” in the “F1 Env Amt” and “F2 Env Amt” tabs. Using “revert all” does work though.

For reference, I was using patch F6 P27 Dynamic Brass

I wonder if it might be useful for the screen to jump back to showing the parameter being reverted as soon as the button, knob or encoder is pressed or turned; this would give immediate visual feedback that the parameter has been reverted. Or maybe just a quick message to say it’s been done as I can see that users might want to continue holding the “revert param” button to further adjust other values without having to press it multiple times.

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2019, 09:16:25 AM »
Routing “slider position 1” to “filter 2 decay” or “filter 2 decay” results in reverse behaviour; raising the slider causes the decay time to fall even though the modulation amount is set to positive.

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
In paraphonic mode I’m only able to play three notes; the fourth one always steals the first played of the other three. Not sure if it’s firmware or hardware as I just got it today. All four oscillators do work as I can make 4-oscillator patches in mono mode. I’ve submitted a ticket.

This is either temperamental (or maybe user error). Does the behaviour of paraphonic mode depend heavily on having at least some attack and decay dialled in on the amp envelope as opposed to just a “gate” setting (zero attack, zero decay, maximum sustain)? I ask as for the moment it seems to be working and that’s the only significant change I made. Though why would it previously only play 3 notes? Seems a bit random.

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
In paraphonic mode, assign Osc 1 to modulate filter 2’s state and set an amount. Changing oscillators in the mod matrix results in a timbral shift even though they are tuned to the same pitch, have the same wave shape and have the same output level.

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2019, 05:22:42 AM »
In paraphonic mode I’m only able to play three notes; the fourth one always steals the first played of the other three. Not sure if it’s firmware or hardware as I just got it today. All four oscillators do work as I can make 4-oscillator patches in mono mode. I’ve submitted a ticket.

This behaviour seems to come and go. It started happening again yesterday.

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2019, 05:50:36 AM »
Dear Sequential! First of all, thank you for working hard to improve this excellent instrument which I really love!

I guess I have found a bug. My related setup is an MPC X and the Pro2. I only started to experience the following after 1.4 was installed. The phenomenon is that if I push any of the MPC’s function buttons, such as pad banks, channel mixer, pad mixer, etc which normally don’t send any CC or NRPN messages (I have tested it with midi monitoring, they truly don't send them) while running a sequence, an unwanted sound appears in the current patch running on pro2 (an arpeggiator). It sounds like when you change between patches while playing. I guess you will know what I mean. As for the MPC: it’s sending MIDI Clock, without MMC and connected via normal MIDI to the Pro2 back and forth (first I used the USB going back to the MPC, then I changed to MIDI to eliminate the possible error sources and of course my MIDI cables are OK, but at the end I found that these don't relate to the issue).

The phenomenon only occurs when I put the Pro2 in slave mode. Without slave mode, the arpeggiator runs off from the beat, even if ARP BEAT SYNC is turned on, but I don't experience the phenomenon. I have tried turning on and off receiving and sending CC or NRPN messages, but neither this and nor the other setting options in the Globals seem to affect this weird sound effect. It only disappears when the Pro2 is not in slave mode (but then it becomes inaccurate). I also tried to plug out the midi cable going back to the MPC, but it also didn’t affect the presence of the weird sound phenomenon. I think I have tried almost every combinations, but seemingly this somehow relates to the Pro2 being in slave mode (I always said, slavery is a bad thing… :D). Do you have any ideas what could this be? If you find the cause, please let me know what made this happen, I would like to understand it. I have never experienced such thing on my OB6 nor on other synths ever. Thank you in advance! András Lászlóffy, Absolute Hit Space, Hungary

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.3.1.23 Bug reports
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2019, 12:01:08 AM »
One bug I noticed is that old patches that used exponential FM sound very, very different. It seems to me that exponential FM is behaving very different after Linear FM was added.
Take for example preset P65 F7 "Masheen", if you remember how that one sounded, you'll hear how different it is now, sounds like a completely different patch.
PM sent. Did you get this solved? If so, how?

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »
Not sure how many of these are bugs and how many are examples of expected behaviour. Perhaps others can help.

It is currently impossible to assign the sub oscillator level as a sequencer destination using the sub oscillator level knob. I had to do it by scrolling through destinations in the menu.

Using a parameter’s knob to set the per-step level in the sequencer track does not give access to the knob’s full range (I’m in jump mode); this is only possible using the sequencer’s step level knob.

One can’t turn the “shape mod” knob to assign shape mod as a sequencer destination (it works via the “shape/noise” knob instead oddly).

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2019, 09:43:16 AM »
Sequencer length change bug:
1. Latch+Hold to set Basic Program.
2. Press SEQUENCER button to switch sequencer on.
3. Hold down 17-32 button and press Reset to reset max lenght to 32 steps.
4. Press Play button. After the first 16 steps the pitch changes somewhere hi. It is not posible to change the pitch anymore, even when switch off sequencer, change osc pitch, change patch (program) or anything else. Power off/on is only solution to stop this behavior.

The same was in 1.4.0.1 already.

« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2019, 04:01:31 AM »
Sequencer length change bug:
1. Latch+Hold to set Basic Program.
2. Press SEQUENCER button to switch sequencer on.
3. Hold down 17-32 button and press Reset to reset max lenght to 32 steps.
4. Press Play button. After the first 16 steps the pitch changes somewhere hi. It is not posible to change the pitch anymore, even when switch off sequencer, change osc pitch, change patch (program) or anything else. Power off/on is only solution to stop this behavior.

The same was in 1.4.0.1 already.

Have you submitted this as a support ticket too? If not, please do so as it probably won’t get seen otherwise.

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2019, 04:25:38 AM »
Submitted now.

nielsd

• dettenbach audio
    • dettenbach audio
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2019, 10:16:15 AM »
installs and works nice so far - no bugs after few hours usage yet. thank you for your work!
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com
[Evolver+PolyEvolver Rack, Pro2, Tempest]
patches: http://dettenbach.syndicat.com

« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »
Hello, I've first updated OS from 1.3.0.0 to 1.4.0.1, then from 1.4.0.1 to 1.4.0.5 and I am experiencing this:

When I recall a preset with arp or sequence active, if I press the Global button while sequence/arp is running, sound freezes for a moment. I have never noticed this on 1.3.0.0 but I am not sure if there was the same behavior. Hope this can be fixed. Thank you for this great instrument and support.

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2019, 11:30:40 AM »
Hi, if i try to set a sequence in key mode the sequencer doesn't respond and come back to sequencer mode.

« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2019, 02:50:20 PM »
MY PRO 2 destroyed by latest update.
 :'(
I did install the latest OS, and my pro 2 is now toally F....
I have an LFO on every sound including the basic patch. I can change the OSC just by changing the shape of the LFO.
I have  tried to go back to 1.3 but same problem..Please help.

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
Please post any bugs you might find on the 1.4.0.1 OS to this thread.

Thanks!

How can we get into the BETA program? Open to everyone?
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

jg666

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2019, 01:49:53 AM »
The beta versions are always available to all in the forums.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »

I see, my bad. thanks
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

jg666

« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »

I see, my bad. thanks

You’re welcome, enjoy  :)

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6