Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.3.1.30 Bug reports
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
Hey there Albywelch,

Note Track 1 will always be tied to the gate out.  In this case, I would suggest that you first disable the note number to CV out modulation.  Keep the negative DC modulation to CV out 1. Next, copy track 1's sequence to track 2.  Assign track 2 to CV out 1.  Select track 3 and select the destination as CV Trig out 2.  CV out 1 will now send the CV/pitch voltage and CV out 2 will act as the gate.

Concerning the MIDI assignments, first thing to check is that some velocity value is set per step of the track.

Hope this helps!

P.S.  It's CARSON, not Carlsen  :D
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

jg666

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2018, 02:55:27 AM »
In some respects I'm pleased to see that the wiping out of my Cue/Playlists was a bug but I do wish I'd waited until this newest version to update now! ;)

Edit - yes I do know I should have taken a backup first  :)

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2018, 05:24:06 AM »
haha my bad calling you carlsen..don't know why i thought that, must of been watching too much magnus carlsen the chess player haha.

Thank you very much for your reply Carson! That fixed those 2 issues..thanks! :)

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
After this Update when trying to change my Midi Channel it freezes.. cant change Midi Channel afterwards need to restart Pro2

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
Please reset your global parameter preferences and check whether the freeze is still present thereafter.

To reset the globals, press the GLOBAL button, navigate to the RESET GLOBALS menu item, and select the menu item.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »
Not a bug because it's always been this way... but is there any reason I can't just hit play on the sequencer and have it start playing? If the sequencer button can flash to show it knows I've pressed play, could it instead turn on and save me a button press?

Would be a sweet time-saver.

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
Am I missing something with the arp beat sync? Got a rock solid clock going on via a USAMO and it's enabled in the global menu. Isn't in time with the beat.. it still starts every time I hit a key instead?

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 03:42:06 PM »
Arp Beat Sync will cause any newly played notes to sync to the next clock divide value.  So if you have a clock divide of 1/16, then the newly played notes will play on the next 1/16th step.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

mosen

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.3.1.32 Bug reports
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 10:55:27 AM »
Question about 1.3.1.30RC
Fixed Bug: Increase modulation range of exponential FM by four

what does this mean? Will e.g. the slider with a value of 255 quadruple the mod depht to previous versions?
This will cause a massive change in saved sounds (e.g. with a sequencer track modulates the FM depht now 4 times as much)
Can you explain? Thanks!

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »
Question about 1.3.1.30RC
Fixed Bug: Increase modulation range of exponential FM by four

what does this mean? Will e.g. the slider with a value of 255 quadruple the mod depht to previous versions?
This will cause a massive change in saved sounds (e.g. with a sequencer track modulates the FM depht now 4 times as much)
Can you explain? Thanks!

Hi mosen. I believe you had pointed out on an earlier BETA version that you had to add up mod slots to get the full range for exponential FM though the mod matrix. Now, with 1.3.1.32, you can get the full range with a single slot. [By full range here I mean a value of 255 for the dedicated OSC X FM parameter.]

Are you finding that patches you made using exponential FM on OS 1.3.0 or earlier sound different than with the 1.3.1.32 BETA OS?
SEQUENTIAL

mosen

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »

I believe you had pointed out on an earlier BETA version that you had to add up mod slots to get the full range for exponential FM though the mod matrix.
Are you finding that patches you made using exponential FM on OS 1.3.0 or earlier sound different than with the 1.3.1.32 BETA OS?
This is right, i was suprised by the fact that the fm amount is not full range initial and can be stacked up with additional mod sources (first noticed this fact now, after having a pro2 for two years)
i compared patches with the sequencer modulating the FM Amount of OSC in Exp.Fm mode and yes - they sound very different (basically fm mod amount x4) now in the new OS. i think this new factor 4 would be a drastic change in fm control which will lead to many different users are disappointed that there patches sound different (need to lower the fm amount x 4). so, could live with the old bahevior and stack fm mods, or there will be an option which is saved with each patch. Like in the osc level page a button "4xFM" . that would be best i think - if this is possible to program i would go this route. thanks

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

I believe you had pointed out on an earlier BETA version that you had to add up mod slots to get the full range for exponential FM though the mod matrix.
This is right, i was suprised by the fact that the fm amount is not full range initial and can be stacked up with additional mod sources (first noticed this fact now, after having a pro2 for two years)
i compared patches with the sequencer modulating the FM Amount of OSC in Exp.Fm mode and yes - they sound very different (basically fm mod amount x4) now in the new OS. i think this new factor 4 would be a drastic change in fm control which will lead to many different users are disappointed that there patches sound different (need to lower the fm amount x 4). so, could live with the old bahevior and stack fm mods, or there will be an option which is saved with each patch. Like in the osc level page a button "4xFM" . that would be best i think - if this is possible to program i would go this route. thanks

We're not seeing what you describe here. Please send examples to support (at) davesmithinstruments (dot) com, and we can look further into it.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 05:49:56 PM »
Im not sure if this has been noted: A bug I've found -  holding one of the LFO selection buttons for a long press does not bring up the "edit all" screens like it does for the the OSC and Delay sections. I feel like I used to be able to do this....(maybe not?)

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
I just found another one I think: After some playing with the unit, My Pro 2 is now 'locked' playing only super high resonance and high octave sounds, no matter which patch I switch to. It's quite odd - after a restart it's fixed. I do not know how to replicate this one, but it has never happened before this update.! Thanks for the update btw - some amazing features.

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 06:09:38 PM »
I think I've found another (sorry!): Ive made one of the sequencer tracks look weird - like a long grey box, not the usual white bars. I was assigning the FM amount to sequencer track 6. Maybe this is normal but it doesn't seem right. The other sequencer pages work fine. I can also shorten the length of the grey bar by shortening the sequence. Here is a link to view it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy6uew2jvvy49mz/IMG_1177.jpg?dl=0

blewis

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2018, 07:27:47 PM »
In 1.3.1.30 we are so close to having the sequencer act as just a modulation sequencer for paraphinc okay. Wow, this is great and has been a long time coming. Thank you very much for working hard on this guys!

Still, there seems to be some instances where I’ve found the sequencer wanting to open the envelope on just the sub oscillator. It’s like I’m playing and all the sudden, I can’t get the sub to stop playing if the sequencer is on. None of the primary oscillators play, but the sub does on its own. Weird.

Also, when the sequencer is not on, the voice selection does seem to prioritize OSC 1 as the lowest note so the sub is always the lowest note. But in paraphonic mode with the sequencer playing, that doesn’t seem to work the same and the sub oscillator (OSC 1) gets selected for various notes in a chord.

Also, in paraphonic mode with the sequencer on, with the sequencer set to trigger on sequencer (not Key), the sequencer doesn’t start on its own and waits until I play keys (reset is off). And setting the sequencer mode to key in paraphonic mode is pretty weird acting.

This is very close and I know it’s a hard feature to get right and not on the top priority, but these are my observations. Thanks again!

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »
I haven't upgraded to 1.3.1.32 yet because I've been trying to verify that I'm hearing what I'm hearing on 1.3.1.30, but I'm certain I found a bug that hasn't been addressed. Otherwise I am loving every bit of these new updates!

When I create or use an FM patch and then switch to a paraphonic patch, the paraphonic voice sounds distorted and clipped.
The paraphonic voice will go back to normal, but only after selecting a couple other non-FM patches and returning to the paraphonic voice. In this clip I used 4 VoicesPara because it really highlights what I'm hearing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvmsfu08jn168fm/Pro%202%20FM%20Bug.wav?dl=0

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'd just like to remind you all to please email support directly with your bug reports, along with steps to reproduce them. This forum thread is great for seeing if other users see what you see, too, but digging deeper should happen via direct communication with us. support (at) davesmithinstruments (dot) com.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
Revert Parameter doesn't seem to work on the Filter Routing and Filter 2 Type (LP/BP/HP).  Revert All works on these parameters.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:43:22 PM by Igglethorpe »
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

blewis

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.3.1.35 Bug reports
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2018, 06:38:16 AM »
With 1.3.1.35 I can now play paraphonic chords and notes with the sequencer running as a pure modulation source with no detectable bugs. DSI has fixed every single paraphonic play with sequencer modulation bug I could come up with.

Wow. Great job DSI and thank you!