Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports

cbmd

• Sequential
Pro 2 BETA 1.4.0.5 Bug reports
« on: July 27, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »
Please post any bugs you might find on the 1.4.0.1 OS to this thread.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:02:39 PM by extempo »
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

mosen

Re: Pro 2 BETA 1.3.1.23 Bug reports
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:47:35 AM »
Great, but is there any manual for the added features?
Or do we have to explore for ourselfes (bug reporting is difficult then, when it is not clearly stated how it SHOULD work)

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:51:22 AM »
Or do we have to explore for ourselfes (bug reporting is difficult then, when it is not clearly stated how it SHOULD work)

Will be lovely to clear up a few things; for example, now you've squashed the MIDI clock bug (thanks!!) I'm exploring the arp and sequencer for almost the first time. However, the arpeggiator seems key-synced so I'd like to check if that is intentional or there's a setting I've missed to turn this off.

Updated very much appreciated! Filter 2 is behaving very differently - in a good way!

Not sure if this a bug: If you adjust the Retrigger parameter (Misc Params) while sequencer or arpeggiator playing, playing stops. Have a few other possibles but will post in correct place when I know more.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
Do you need ver 1.3 installed to install the latest version.  I have Ver 1.2.3.2 currently installed.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »

ARP beat sync on/off is available in the globals.
Exponential/Linear FM toggle is in 4th soft tab of oscillator screens.
Alternate Tunings is available in the globals
Sequencer lock on/off is available as soft button 4 in main program screen.
Sequencer Direction is located in 4th soft tab of sequencer/arp screens.
MIDI CC OUT and CV Gate out are available as modulation destinations in the sequencer.
Switchable high/low DDL feedback available in 2nd tab of delay screens.
Add rest/tie while recording to track 1 of sequencer should be pretty intuitive.  While recording, pressing a step past the current step will add rests all the way to the target step.  Ties work the same as when you are not recording.

Hope this helps!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:15 PM »
Do you need ver 1.3 installed to install the latest version.  I have Ver 1.2.3.2 currently installed.

You should not need to update to the 1.3 OS prior to updating to the latest beta.  Just make sure to reset your globals once it has been installed.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:27 PM »
I don't have any bugs to report other than this update has brought tears of joy to my eyes!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »

ARP beat sync on/off is available in the globals.
Exponential/Linear FM toggle is in 4th soft tab of oscillator screens.
Alternate Tunings is available in the globals
Sequencer Direction is located in 4th soft tab of sequencer/arp screens.
MIDI CC OUT and CV Gate out are available as modulation destinations in the sequencer.
Switchable high/low DDL feedback available in 2nd tab of delay screens.
Add rest/tie while recording to track 1 of sequencer should be pretty intuitive.  While recording, pressing a step past the current step will add rests all the way to the target step.  Ties work the same as when you are not recording.

Hope this helps!

It does - I knew there must be a switch for the ARP ;)
Apart from the DDL setting, found the rest; although when I sent the tuning sysex there was no message on the screen and I seem to have just 1 named tuning, possibly that's correct though?
Cheers for making one of my fave instruments better.
Paul

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
The screen will not update to indicate the reception of the alternate tunings.  If they were loaded correctly, there should be 17 different tunings available to select from.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 12:54:05 PM »
I think I found a bug, after updating Filter 2 is not closing fully and when turning the cutoff there are no changes in sound until about 95. Re-calibrating the filters doesn't fix it, tried a few times already.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »

You should not need to update to the 1.3 OS prior to updating to the latest beta.  Just make sure to reset your globals once it has been installed.

Thanks!
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »
I think I found a bug, after updating Filter 2 is not closing fully and when turning the cutoff there are no changes in sound until about 95. Re-calibrating the filters doesn't fix it, tried a few times already.

Thanks for the report.  Would you please try setting the cutoff pot to its minimum setting, then run the filter calibration?

The behavior you described seems related to known bug which was purportedly fixed in the BETA OS.  We might need to look at it further.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
I think I found a bug... if I go into Oscillator mods and crank the FM up while a key is pressed down, it will sometimes send me to the sequencer note screen.

I still love this update though!

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »
Cancel mine. I still had Midi Osx up with the Pro 2 plugged in. User error.

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »
I already tried that a few times (minimum setting) to no avail. After around 7 calibrations or so, it went back to closing almost fully even though I didn't do anything different.

Thanks for the report.  Would you please try setting the cutoff pot to its minimum setting, then run the filter calibration?

The behavior you described seems related to known bug which was purportedly fixed in the BETA OS.  We might need to look at it further.

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »

It's fixed for me - an unexpected treat given our previous discussions about it. More than chuffed!
Am I imagining it - or does filter 2 resonance go further too?

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »

Very excited about this update, thank you!!! Question what does the Seq. Lock do?

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »
amazing update!! thank you so much!

my SEM filter is also not closing all the way like mentioned above.

i am also wondering about modulation destination shortcuts, like on the P12 where holding an lfo or envelope button and then twisting a knob where you want the modulation destination to be makes it a destination for that controller. know what i mean? what are the prospects of getting something like that for the pro2? quality of life stuff.

but damn!! im so happy with this update!

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »
The SEM filter's cutoff is known to not go as low as the 2040 filter.  What you are hearing may be expected.

The ability to hold an envelope/LFO button and auto assign its dedicated destination by turning a parameter is on our list of items to consider for implementation.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 05:41:45 PM »
Thanks so much all at DSI for this update! Just awesome :D I am about to try it out now. will post any bugs that i come across but thank you so much again! :D