The perfect mate for my REV2

The perfect mate for my REV2
« on: July 26, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
I recently switched to analog hardware again from plugin-only. So I bought a REV2 and will probably buy more.
The first item I'm thinking about buying is a Roland SE-02. It sounds really good. Also the Mother-32 is nice but only has 1 oscillator. I just want a good bass synth.

What to you recommend?

Re: The perfect mate for my REV2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:37:12 AM »
I recently switched to analog hardware again from plugin-only. So I bought a REV2 and will probably buy more.
The first item I'm thinking about buying is a Roland SE-02. It sounds really good. Also the Mother-32 is nice but only has 1 oscillator. I just want a good bass synth.

What to you recommend?

Moog Minitaur, Behringer Model D.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »
Also considering the Sub Phatty

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 05:16:29 AM »

Sub Phatty sounds amazing and is more versatile than the Minitaur and has more functions accessible from the panel. Only 16 presets though and quite a few functions accessible only via convoluted shift functions, and a short (2 octave) keyboard.

The Korg Monologue is worth a look too. It’s loads of fun and sounds great. The envelope options are more limited than other synths but it is still capable of great sounds.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 10:01:04 AM »
Ordered the Minitaur together with Rev2 8 voice. Imo the Minitaur compliments the Rev2 in the Bass range. If you have more budget or table space, then perhaps consider the sub 37 which is duophonic and has more features. However for my requirements, the Minitaur is enough and I like it being compact, having preset memory and almost 1 knob per function.
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »
Thanks all for the recommendations. I'm going to first try out the Sub Phatty in a store. The Se-02 is quite good but the Sub Phatty has such a deeb bass. I need to hear it in on speakers.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 07:04:08 AM »

Sub Phatty sounds amazing and is more versatile than the Minitaur and has more functions accessible from the panel. Only 16 presets though and quite a few functions accessible only via convoluted shift functions, and a short (2 octave) keyboard.

The Korg Monologue is worth a look too. It’s loads of fun and sounds great. The envelope options are more limited than other synths but it is still capable of great sounds.

Sub Phatty it is!! If that is not enough bass I don't know anymore :-) It produces also very nice non-bass sounds.

jg666

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »
Excellent. Have fun :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 05:26:28 AM »
Excellent. Have fun :)

Thanks, it is a beast. The sounds is amazing!!