Help needed - LP Filter

Herr Schmitz

Help needed - LP Filter
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Hello, can you help me and check something out ? When does your Lowpassfilter start to react ?

If I turn the LP knob, it begins to do something roughly at a setting of 3 o' clock. If you have the soundtower editor, when does your LP actually do something ? Mine starts at roughly 124. So there happens nothing from 164 to 124. I checked this with the Melda Analyzer. If you don't have an Analyer, Voxengo has a nice one for free. My P6 runs with 1.40

synthRodriguez

• Yamaha CS-series synthesizer repair services.
Re: Help needed - LP Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »
Do you have an expression pedal plugged into the LP Filter port on the back? It will override other settings.

Fooled me once...

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 05:06:59 AM »
I had a similar issue with a brand new P6. High Pass filter was starting to work at like noon and very jumpy.
I first replaced the pot but it did not fix the issue.
Then DSI sent me a complete right PCB board to replace (not hard to do but you can have it done with them or the shop you bought it if you don't feel confident).
It may be something else.
If you can check with a midi monitor software if the pot it transmitting all the values from 0 to 127. If it doesn't then it means at least the pot is malfunctionning.

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm in touch with support now. Let's see how this turns out.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »
Hi All,

We have confirmed this as a bug and have added it to our list of items to fix in an upcoming update.

Thanks!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »
My Button 7 does not function anymore (reported) but now also the LFO modulates even when set to zero. ;-(

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Prophet-6! Please get in touch with our dedicated support channel and we'll get it sorted out right away: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

Contacting support directly when you have a potential hardware issue is always the fastest way to get it resolved, as we may not see your post in a forum topic.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »
Yes I have contacted support. Carson was helpful and patient. Thank you.

(Topic can be closed)