Feature requests

Re: Feature requests
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
You're probably right...
But it's once you bought it you realise that a lot of possibilities is not really exploited... I just frustrated.
For exemple : Why there is no option to manage de user sample libraries directly via the PC/USB connection ? Creating a tool to convert Kontakt to PX Samples.

I love my PX ! But some time I'm like a sculptor with a fork in front of a granit block. Too much possibilities but not the perfect tool to...
Do not taking wrong Lady Gaia : you made an amazing work ! But I think in this time this new generation of Synth should evolve during some years.

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »
We’ve all been spoiled by smartphones and similar technology that get amazing regular updates.  The reality is, though, that those businesses are many orders of magnitude larger than the serious musical instrument business, and invest correspondingly more as a direct consequence.

There are any number of things I’d like to see from instrument manufacturers that they’re not necessarily in a position to deliver.  They aggressively prioritize and make hard decisions every day on what features get their finite time and energy.  For all of the areas where I can see room for improvement, I also acknowledge that there simply isn’t another product available that offers a more compelling hybrid of digital sampling and analog filtering for my interests and needs.

... and if it gets better in the future, I’m more than okay with that, too!

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
There's are some nice libraries coming out from third-parties.

The problem is, the presets supplied are effectively useless. If you are using the sample area the presets use for your own sounds, you cannot then use the presets—unless you know which samples are bring pointed too. It would be nice if people added this information at least.

Again, Nord have this sorted with parent/child patch/sample relationship.

I do agree LG—but to be honest, I couldn't get to try a X and no review mentioned sampling. However, I'd assumed it was going to be at least a 21st Century sampler with the most basic functions. This isn't rocket science.

Stephen

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »
Linear FM! It would be so nice to FM the instruments or oscillators without having the pitch drift.

More fade options with looping. I've found that using the forward then reverse looping always causes audible clicks no matter what I do. Is there a way currently to fix this?

Being able to EQ samples.

LoboLives

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »
Linear FM! It would be so nice to FM the instruments or oscillators without having the pitch drift.

More fade options with looping. I've found that using the forward then reverse looping always causes audible clicks no matter what I do. Is there a way currently to fix this?

Being able to EQ samples.

You can technically EQ the samples with the Tone parameter.

laurentluigi

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2019, 12:56:33 AM »
It would be nice to have the possibility to modulate the Sampler's Tone.

drxcm

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2019, 12:40:00 AM »
Been battling with local on/off constantly.

It would be great if it was in the #1 position in the globals menu, or at least in the first page.

Even better, a quick key combo to move through the available modes.

Eg hold + global button together

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
Been battling with local on/off constantly.

+1 It's a real pain.

Stephen

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
Absolutely!  A shortcut combination to toggle would be great.

laurentluigi

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2019, 05:45:17 AM »
Dreaming is free....

Why not having a little something concerning granular..... ?

Nokki

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2019, 05:49:57 PM »
Would be great if you could chop samples like how you stretch them, maybe just by holding down the stretch button - similar to how you enter the 32 voice mode

laurentluigi

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2019, 11:53:35 AM »
Hello,
It will be awesome to have a
LFO Delay Time to save a modulation line.
(or someone has got an idea!!?)
😊

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
I really liked the Moog One approach of having delay + fade in time + fade out time defined for each LFO.  As you note, this saves on modulation slots, but it also cuts down out needing to devote an envelope to the task.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »
I really liked the Moog One approach of having delay + fade in time + fade out time defined for each LFO.  As you note, this saves on modulation slots, but it also cuts down out needing to devote an envelope to the task.

Yes, that's an excellent design - direct and simple, as it should be.

Shaw

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2019, 06:17:13 PM »
simple genius.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Shaw

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2019, 10:41:36 PM »
... and add to that the fact that LFOs can act like envelopes, and envelopes can act like LFOs.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2020, 10:32:01 PM »
I’d love to see a major feature like granular synthesis or a wavetable mode. Otherwise, a couple more mod destinations would be useful:

1. VCF Stereo Split. Stereo filter panning with a single mod routing and amount seems like an obvious win.
2. Instrument Fine Tune. This would allow slop 3&4 to work on instruments like slop 1&2 on oscillators.

J_P_P

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
Feature Request :
By a long distance what i believe is severely lacking in the Prophet X is with the Samples "Edit" ...The representaion of the Samples as it it is,  just a simple bar with a 1 to 1000 End and Start point ...is rather basic and not satisfactory IMO.
It really "needs" or would benefict a proper Sample / Wave visualzization.
IThe ADSR env for example have a simple buf very useful Graphical representaion on the Display, i'd sugest something similarGraphical also. No idea if it's difficult to implement ...but it would be wonderful to have it.

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
Feature Request :
By a long distance what i believe is severely lacking in the Prophet X is with the Samples "Edit" ...The representaion of the Samples as it it is,  just a simple bar with a 1 to 1000 End and Start point ...is rather basic and not satisfactory IMO.

I would definitely find this useful, less expensive or full-featured products have a waveform view with a real-time playhead that really help with editing samples. I'm honestly a bit surprised this feature isn't present.
Additionally having non-arbitrary representation for the Start, Size, Center, and End values—something like milliseconds and/or seconds instead of just 0-1000 regardless of sample length.

And one last idea I've been thinking about is having some kind of single-cycle-waveform browser instead of loading them like normal samples. Can't go back and change the past but for instance the VS waveforms would be significantly more useful if one didn't have to do the sample stretch and could instead browse them one-by-one in their own sample category.

Kevin

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
Two small things that have I have thought would be nice are:
  • Arp & Sequence Gate Length adjustment, could even be global. I find it too short for my liking.
  • The ability to save a patch with "Edit B Layer" pre-selected. It would be really useful for live use as I like to have a bass or drone that doesn't require tweaking in the left hand and a lead in the right that i can tweak on the fly. Currently Layer A is always the default. Or even being able to flip the split so Layer B is in the left hand