« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »
i would love to see those parameters for the FX:

1. HIGHPASS. so important to take out low frequency mud

2. spread from mono to super stereo

3. ability to put FX on one side and dry signal on the other

Re: Feature requests
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
feature request:

on/off switch for intruments / oscillators (via soft buttons in the menu would be fine)

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »
feature request:

on/off switch for intruments / oscillators (via soft buttons in the menu would be fine)

Would love that too. Kind of a PITA for sound design having to turn up and down knobs and remember the settings for volume.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 06:41:21 AM »
feature request: match sample loop to bpm

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 07:51:29 AM »
feature request: match sample loop to bpm

That's precisely what the Loop Mode setting "Sync" is for.  Is there something in particular you were expecting that it doesn't do?

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
how emberassing... i spent not as much time with it as i want to i guess (cough, cheap excuse...)

but thank you  :-[

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 04:04:38 PM »
Free Run Loop mode for Sample Oscs.   The Last Prophet sounds reset at zeros with every keypress.   A Free Run mode would allow sampled oscs to behave like real oscs.

Dan

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
Use a random LFO to modulate instrument start.  This should give you a similar behavior as a free running oscillator when the VCA is opened.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 05:43:13 PM »
Use a random LFO to modulate instrument start.  This should give you a similar behavior as a free running oscillator when the VCA is opened.
Cool trick. Thanks.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
Sure thing!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2018, 02:05:56 AM »

But will that really work? does the X have the ability to apply a random number to a voice that will not change during it's course? ... on the REV2 I've seen requests for a random source in the mod matrix that is steady thru out a voices duration... is this possible on the X? ... would routing a random LFO to the sample start position not just end in the sample resetting at random points in the sample at the LFO rate while a key is held?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
But will that really work? does the X have the ability to apply a random number to a voice that will not change during it's course? ... on the REV2 I've seen requests for a random source in the mod matrix that is steady thru out a voices duration... is this possible on the X? ... would routing a random LFO to the sample start position not just end in the sample resetting at random points in the sample at the LFO rate while a key is held?

If Carson suggested it I think you can be fairly certain it will work.  As I understand it, the sample start location is only computed once when the sample is triggered, unlike the loop start/end where changes will definitely affect ongoing playback.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
^ this!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
I like to have the possibility (like in the V-Synth) to not restart sample after the first key is pressed, in this way long samples of speaking choir will remain in sync, for example the samples of the word Prophet X (F/4 Choir, 94 silka word prophet x)

I press C the sample start to say P----R-----then add the key E and the samples of the E key start in sync from the O region of the prOphet word  ..not restart from P....

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
I like to have the possibility (like in the V-Synth) to not restart sample after the first key is pressed, in this way long samples of speaking choir will remain in sync, for example the samples of the word Prophet X (F/4 Choir, 94 silka word prophet x)

I press C the sample start to say P----R-----then add the key E and the samples of the E key start in sync from the O region of the prOphet word  ..not restart from P....

Does playing Legato allow transposition of a long phrase without restarting?   If not, that would be a good feature. 

laurentluigi

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:45 AM »
I was thinking in this wish list instead of having stereo filters, the possibility to use them separately on each oscillators and let the switch on/off for the samples....!!
Imagine that !!!  ::)

blewis

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 05:38:42 AM »
16 voice mode routes the audio through 16 filters in a mono voice. You can still pan the mono voice image in the stereo filed.

Each sample oscillator, or Instrument, in the Misc menu can be configured to bypass the LPF.

32 voice mode reduces you to one sample oscillator and one digital oscillator and routes all of that paraphonically into 2 filters.

Very flexible use of the filters. I think all of your wishes are true.

I was thinking in this wish list instead of having stereo filters, the possibility to use them separately on each oscillators and let the switch on/off for the samples....!!

laurentluigi

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:13 AM »
 :)
That's a good day !!!!!!!!!
16 voice mode routes the audio through 16 filters in a mono voice. You can still pan the mono voice image in the stereo filed.

Each sample oscillator, or Instrument, in the Misc menu can be configured to bypass the LPF.

32 voice mode reduces you to one sample oscillator and one digital oscillator and routes all of that paraphonically into 2 filters.

Very flexible use of the filters. I think all of your wishes are true.

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2019, 01:37:47 PM »
Some more that just made it to the Pro2

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

Was thinking about my first post and wonder if you could ‘lock’ a screen by holding down ‘show’ for a few seconds. Kinda like how holding down  ‘edit layer B’ for 2 secs lets you exit both layers.

They mentioned that there was Beat Sync on the PX but I was having difficulty starting the sequencer in time with the Tempest last night (when set to NoS/S) But it worked perfectly when set to Slave.

I'm talking about Arpegiator beat sync.  At the moment, it's not always synced if you hit the keys at the wrong time - although the tempo is perfect, the sync isn't always right.  Fine running clock to sequencer.  It's like a quantised arp setting.  The Pro2 just got it.  It's been a feature request for a long time for me on the Prophet 6 too... Here's hoping we get it!

It might be a setting of some sort cause I recall them mentioning that Beat Sync was working on the PX.

Hmm.. can't find anything in the manual or in any settings - seems this isn't implemented.  At the very least, I can't get it to function.

Global -> 22. Arp Sync to Beat -> Quantize

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »
Could there be anything added that would deal with the phasing of oscillator samples start points. I've noticed when i'm using sampled saw oscillators the start time seems to vary each time causing a phasing effect.
For most of my work this is not desirable.
Is there something that could be tweaked or added to stop it?

Thanks.