Feature requests

drxcm

Feature requests
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »
Hi, I’m loving my Prophet X but one tbing has frustrated me is not being a le to tweak some of the settings simultaneously. 

The best example is Hack (or eg sample rate, or instrument tone) which are edited using th soft knobs.

As soon as you turn say filter cutoff you can’t tweak Hack again without going back to an instilrument button and pressing a soft key to take you back to hack.

I would love to be able to somehow ‘lock’ the soft screen state on something. Second best would be that each soft screen remembers the last page it was at (so that every time it doesn’t default to the first page of tabs).

Of course if these params were in the mod matrix I could assign them to a slider!

Just a little frustrating when editing a sound to have to go back and forth on the same parameter that is buried if any other knob is manipulated.

Re: Feature requests
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 05:46:20 AM »
i made an account just to post this request:

a shortcut key to copy settings from INSTR 1 to INSTR 2.
Which means: copy the same sample + all settings.

This could be very handy to thicken up a sound, and panning them left and right stereo. It's a hassle to locate the key (stretch sample settings). This will save a lot of time!

i think someone else mentioned this also in the gearslutz forum.

drxcm

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 06:39:39 PM »
Some more that just made it to the Pro2

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

Was thinking about my first post and wonder if you could ‘lock’ a screen by holding down ‘show’ for a few seconds. Kinda like how holding down  ‘edit layer B’ for 2 secs lets you exit both layers.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

Was thinking about my first post and wonder if you could ‘lock’ a screen by holding down ‘show’ for a few seconds. Kinda like how holding down  ‘edit layer B’ for 2 secs lets you exit both layers.

They mentioned that there was Beat Sync on the PX but I was having difficulty starting the sequencer in time with the Tempest last night (when set to NoS/S) But it worked perfectly when set to Slave.

drxcm

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 03:32:15 PM »

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

They mentioned that there was Beat Sync on the PX but I was having difficulty starting the sequencer in time with the Tempest last night (when set to NoS/S) But it worked perfectly when set to Slave.

I'm talking about Arpegiator beat sync.  At the moment, it's not always synced if you hit the keys at the wrong time - although the tempo is perfect, the sync isn't always right.  Fine running clock to sequencer.  It's like a quantised arp setting.  The Pro2 just got it.  It's been a feature request for a long time for me on the Prophet 6 too... Here's hoping we get it!

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

I'm talking about Arpegiator beat sync.  At the moment, it's not always synced if you hit the keys at the wrong time - although the tempo is perfect, the sync isn't always right.  Fine running clock to sequencer.  It's like a quantised arp setting.  The Pro2 just got it.  It's been a feature request for a long time for me on the Prophet 6 too... Here's hoping we get it!

It might be a setting of some sort cause I recall them mentioning that Beat Sync was working on the PX.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »
I would love it if the "stereo spread" parameter could be modulated. I realize that right now, there are separate destinations for "Cutoff L" and "Cutoff R". But for ease of use, I'd love to use a single modulation slot to achieve this.

drxcm

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:28 PM »

Arp Beat Sync
Sequence Lock

It might be a setting of some sort cause I recall them mentioning that Beat Sync was working on the PX.

Hmm.. can't find anything in the manual or in any settings - seems this isn't implemented.  At the very least, I can't get it to function.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 09:41:44 AM »
Mod Matrix: Desitination-> Inst1/2 Stretch Key;

Example usage: Note Num as Source, Stretch Key as Destination; VS Waveworm Sequencing (and much more!) Ala Evolver.
Might even work off the internal sequencer.

drxcm

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »

Example usage: Note Num as Source, Stretch Key as Destination; VS Waveworm Sequencing (and much more!) Ala Evolver.

I kinda see what you're getting at, but with Sample Stretch off, Note number is mapped to stretch key already!

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »

I kinda see what you're getting at, but with Sample Stretch off, Note number is mapped to stretch key already!

On the VS sample map, each stretch key is a different VS waveform so it would change the fundamental wave

drxcm

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 10:42:01 PM »
Another idea - not sure if possible already...

I’d like to see a setting which allows looping of instruments only during the attack or sustain portion of the sound, where on note off / release the sample continues to play through after the loop point ends ...

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 09:30:44 AM »
When i for example play a drum kit with an arpeggio, a modulation should trigger another key/sample.
but it just seems to pitch the samples used for the arpeggio.

(mabye same request as#10)

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
maybe stupid question but will there be real time sample stretching (not the one already included)?

and is it only me who would like to see better looping possiblities? don't know what it is but it feels a bid clumsy (?)

laurentluigi

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 07:27:50 AM »
Maybe in the future we could :

* Bypassing effects on OSC or INST.
* Modulate the BIT/HACK (Apparently it will happen on the next update).
* Modulate the tone of the samples (Kind of LPF/HPF).

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »
-I'd love to be able to have incoming CC numbers as mod sources. This would allow me to do some insane sequencing from an external source.

-A HUGE thing for me would be tempo sync for the envelope loops. Locking various envelopes to tempo allows you to do some great stuff. I've been doing this on the moog sub 37 for a while and it would be killer to see implemented on the PX. Also having the envelope delay synced to tempo would be really useful when diving into sequencing fun. Alternately, being able to assign triggers for Envelopes 3 & 4 on various steps in the sequencer edit screen. Having those could really open up some great tweakability. Having all 4 envelopes tied to the note on is somewhat limiting.

-A way to access the NRPN mod destinations. There are so many more of those than CC destinations but they're somewhat inaccessible.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
FYI, breath, foot controller, mod, expression are all available as CC mod sources in the mod matrix.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

drxcm

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
The 32 voice paraphonic mode is great, but I'd love to see an equivalent 16 voice stereo paraphonic mode too, using only 1 instrument and 1 oscillator.  Should theoretically be the same CPU power. 

That would make the stereo sampled keys that much more useable and retain the stereo recording.

I'll have to write to DSI about this.  Could be a toggle on/off in the main menu to alter the behaviour of a long press of '16 Voice' button

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
i would love to see those parameters for the FX:

1. HIGHPASS. so important to take out low frequency mud

2. spread from mono to super stereo

3. ability to put FX on one side and dry signal on the other

laurentluigi

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 01:55:26 AM »
Hello,
it will be cool to have the Fx values moving when they're modulated.