Mopho Keyboard bricked - need help!

Mopho Keyboard bricked - need help!
« on: July 21, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've attempted to update the software on my Mopho Keyboard and it didn't go quite as planned. The counter went all the way to 0 and then I got the "Writing Now!!" message and it froze (no LED blink or anything at this point). I left it like this for 30-40 minutes but nothing changed. So turning it off and back on gets it to a state where everything is lit on the front panel and it gets stuck.

Does anyone know if there is a recovery mode / boot loader for the Mopho Keyboard? I am desperate here, I just bought this one a few months back and just when I had started to really dig it I lost it!

Thanks in advance,
P.

chysn

Re: Mopho Keyboard bricked - need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »
Hey! You should contact DSI Support via email. They’ll get you on track!
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »
Hey! You should contact DSI Support via email. They’ll get you on track!

Thanks!
I hope so, and I've contacted them as well. I was just hoping that maybe someone else ran into this before and might already know the way out.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »
Sorry you're having trouble with your Mopho Keyboard. If it's bricked, you'll need to contact support as chysn suggested. We'll help you get back up and running quickly.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did contact support and the people are DSI were very helpful and diligent, so I got my MoPho Keyb back to life!

So in case anyone runs into a similar problem, that's the way to get it fixed.

Cheers!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
The same thing happened to me. Could you help? I've already sent the e-mail but got no response yet.

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did contact support and the people are DSI were very helpful and diligent, so I got my MoPho Keyb back to life!

Cheers!

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 02:33:46 AM »
hi, bricked Tetra here. Is shipping to Usa the only way to get around this issue? No other ways? I'm in Italy so...

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
Hi Lucius-

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Tetra. Yes, shipping to the US is the only way to get your unit reprogrammed. It is possible for you to send the mainboard only, to save on shipping and duty/tax if that's of interested to you.

Please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll get you going on the repair:

support (at) sequential.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »
The same thing happened to me. Could you help? I've already sent the e-mail but got no response yet.

Hi,

Cheers!

Embarrassingly, same thing has happened to me trying to update OS.
Seems this is quite a common problem.

What did Support say (I have emailed them, but no reply yet).

Is there a boot up button combo press, so can resend OS via SysEx ??

thanks  ::)
Meek Out !!

Prophet 12, Tempest, Mopho Keys, Tetra

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 09:28:30 AM »
So, I ended up sending my Mopho motherboard back to the factory to have it reflashed.
It finally arrived 1 month after sending it off, due to Christmas and COVID-19.

Having read and research a bit further I found out that some units oif the Tetra up to 2200 (something like that) had from factory, not had some ending added to the OS, so that if you tried to update the OS it would not complete. Seems this to be the case for some MOPHO models too. I guess this was the case in mine.

So advice to new Mopho owners don't update your OS !!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:30:09 AM by MeekyP »
Meek Out !!

Prophet 12, Tempest, Mopho Keys, Tetra