My first Prophet X sounds :)

LoboLives

My first Prophet X sounds :)
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:43:33 PM »
Well here we go....

https://soundcloud.com/user-523209234-123574856/prophet-x-demos

Something I noticed is when you use one of the Oscillators as a modulation source for an Instrument you can get some really nice articulations. In the example above the patch THE OWL has a growling sax...I did that by FMing the Sax sample just slightly and it gets a nice growl. Same with my Godzilla Awakens and Huge Brass patches....I found FMing some of the brass ensemble samples emulates that "monster brass" you hear and using the slider as a way to control the filter cutoff you can get that "Hans Zimmer" type brass swell somewhat.

Re: My first Prophet X sounds :)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 04:58:17 AM »
Nice sound design. Listening on my walk.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:34:37 AM »
Wow.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
Wow.

Glad you enjoyed it. I might do a full composition in the next few days.

Shaw

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 12:51:37 PM »

Great sounds there -- no doubt.  The Ifukube tributes were great!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »

Great sounds there -- no doubt.  The Ifukube tributes were great!

Thanks, Ifukube is such a strange conundrum. Almost everyone knows him or knows of him but he never gets covered or any tributes to him. He certainly is one of the originators of experimental music. He even incorporated synths and electronics into his work in the 70s (Terror Of Mechagodzilla)

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 01:52:08 PM »
Have you tried making a similar patch to one on your P6 with the synth engine for comparison? How do the SSM-based filters compare to each other? Are the PX oscillators noticeably digital in comparison?

LoboLives

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »
Have you tried making a similar patch to one on your P6 with the synth engine for comparison? How do the SSM-based filters compare to each other? Are the PX oscillators noticeably digital in comparison?

No, I mostly just use the synth engine in the PX for FM stuff and some sine waves to add a bit of bottom end. I'm mostly focusing on the sample side to be honest. I would say though that there is a bit more bottom end on the PX than the P6.