Multi Mode and sysex edit buffer dump

Multi Mode and sysex edit buffer dump
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:59:10 PM »
Hi all

I'm trying to get sysex dumps of the edit buffer from the P12. This works using this dump request:
[240, 1, 42, 6, 247]

However it only works if Global/Multi Mode is set to Off. At first I thought it was just me/my code, but the same thing happens with the SoundTower editor. If I put the P12 in Multi Mode, the editor can no longer get "ON-LINE" with it, and polling (Midi > Midi Setup > poll) fails. Put the P12 back to normal and the SoundTower editor, and my sysex dumper, can get a response fine.

I can't see why being in multi mode should prevent this working, so it seems like a bug to me.

Can anyone shed any light on this behaviour?

Edit: I should have mentioned
  • I'm on the latest OS at time of writing (1.4.2.3)
  • a manual dump via the menu sends out sysex OK when multi mode is on
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:06:30 PM by callmewilko »

Re: Multi Mode and sysex edit buffer dump
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »
I encountered similar bugs when a user reported my app wasn't working when in Multi-Mode.

I found that...if you are in Multi-Mode and on channels "All:Off", "1:2", or "2:3", then sending and receiving works fine.

Now...

1) If you are in any OTHER combination of Midi Channels, requesting the current program doesn't work

2) When sending sysex, and using "invalid" channel combinations, the Layer names will NEVER update, and the Layer Audio / Values will ONLY update when you switch to Edit each layer...

Clearly there are some sysex bugs when in Multi-Mode