Bug in split mode + hold + arp retrigger when you change which layer you edit

Hi DSI,

Fist of all, thanks for this beautiful synth. It's inspiring!

I am having this bug as described in the title. I am using an external clock via MIDI. I have this patch in split mode, one of the layers (layer A), which has a bass sound in unison mode, has the Arpeggiator on and also the hold + arp retrigger mode on so that it is possible to press a key, lift your finger and it will stay playing the arpeggiator and when you press other keys the arp will retrigger instead of adding new notes.

Well at least that is what should happen, but in practice this only happens if I'm editing the Layer A. If I am editing layer B or both at the same time, it is not consistent and it most of the time start stacking notes on the arpeggiator instead of retriggering it with the new array of notes. In fact, it's strange because I spent about 1h on this patch and it was working normally but after some patch tweaking, at some point it started misbehaving.

This is kind of an annoying bug because it disallows for playing freely the arpeggiator on one layer whilst tweaking the other layer (filter sweep, etc).

I just would like to let you know, and hopefully you will be able to find the bug :)

Love,
trnshmnst

Oh, and this ALSO happens if I send a note from an external controller/sequencer.

Hi DSI,

Fist of all, thanks for this beautiful synth. It's inspiring!

I am having this bug as described in the title. I am using an external clock via MIDI. I have this patch in split mode, one of the layers (layer A), which has a bass sound in unison mode, has the Arpeggiator on and also the hold + arp retrigger mode on so that it is possible to press a key, lift your finger and it will stay playing the arpeggiator and when you press other keys the arp will retrigger instead of adding new notes.

Well at least that is what should happen, but in practice this only happens if I'm editing the Layer A. If I am editing layer B or both at the same time, it is not consistent and it most of the time start stacking notes on the arpeggiator instead of retriggering it with the new array of notes. In fact, it's strange because I spent about 1h on this patch and it was working normally but after some patch tweaking, at some point it started misbehaving.

This is kind of an annoying bug because it disallows for playing freely the arpeggiator on one layer whilst tweaking the other layer (filter sweep, etc).

I just would like to let you know, and hopefully you will be able to find the bug :)

Love,
trnshmnst

I have the same problem. Trying to let a unison patch bass line run in layer A and a pad in Layer B. But when I go to switch notes in Layer A, sometimes it will add a note instead of relatch and 2 notes instead will play and it's ruining what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm using the desktop module, an external Komplete kontrol keyboard (USB), and the USB connection on the REV2. It's all routed through Ableton on its own separate MIDI Channel.I've reserved Channel 10 specifically for the REV2 and Made sure my KK keyboard only send channel 10. Could this be a MIDI feedback loop?

Thanks,

Hi There-

If you have a repeatable bug, please contact us via our dedicated support channel with the steps to reproduce it so we can get it on our bug list.
Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM