posts and editability

ddp

posts and editability
« on: July 09, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »
I come here from other forums where I'm used to being able to edit posts forever.  Here, posts freeze after some time period, unclear, a few hours apparently.  I'd like that to be increased or removed.  I like to revise my posts, not to change their meaning, but I often add more information and sometimes remove inaccurate things.  It's just my style, but it's frustrating when you realize you said something you'd rather say differently, and then find that you can't edit it anymore.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:47:37 PM by ddp »
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

Shaw

Re: posts and editability
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »
I come here from other forums where I'm used to being able to edit posts forever.  Here, posts freeze after some time period, unclear, a few hours apparently.  I'd like that to be increased or removed.  I like to revise my posts, not to change their meaning, but I often add more information and sometimes remove inaccurate things.  It's just my style, but it's frustrating when you realize you said something you'd rather say differently, and then find that you can't edit anymore.
Choose your words carefully around here!
 ;D
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

ddp

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »
It's a devious plot, agreed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:46:00 PM by ddp »
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »
It's a devious plot, agreed.
I rather like to be able to see my silly mistakes in full technicolor. Keeps me accountable, as in real live when I've said something in jest I regret later but cannot withdraw.   8) :-[ ;)
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »
Been there, done that. My secret trick, which today I can share exclusively with you for only 99.99$, is to compose a message in a text editor, and only copy-paste it into the forum form when finished.

Oh wait. I think I may have clicked "post" too fast on this one.

I come here from other forums where I'm used to being able to edit posts forever.  Here, posts freeze after some time period, unclear, a few hours apparently.  I'd like that to be increased or removed.  I like to revise my posts, not to change their meaning, but I often add more information and sometimes remove inaccurate things.  It's just my style, but it's frustrating when you realize you said something you'd rather say differently, and then find that you can't edit it anymore.
--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »

Absolutely.  I tend to edit my posts over and over again.  How I regret posting when I see a typo, misspelled word, grammatical error, or some other mistake that can no longer be corrected.  I think the editing time limit should be increased to twenty-four or forty-eight hours.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »

Absolutely.  I tend to edit my posts over and over again.  How I regret posting when I see a typo, misspelled word, grammatical error, or some other mistake that can no longer be corrected.  I think the editing time limit should be increased to twenty-four or forty-eight hours.

I too would like to see a larger editing window.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »
On another forum I recently was told that posts couldn't be edited or deleted after it had be replied to.  Maybe that's the same here?

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »
On another forum I recently was told that posts couldn't be edited or deleted after it had be replied to.  Maybe that's the same here?

No, you have 30 minutes to edit your post after you posted them.

Shaw

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »

No, you have 30 minutes to edit your post after you posted them.
30 minutes seems reasonable... if you can’t figure out what you want to say in that period of time, maybe you should stop typing.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

dsetto

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 12:09:36 PM »
Like stand-up. Spotlight's hot. Good luck. ... Impulsivity. Suppose we could only own it.

Gomjab

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
My solution is too use spell check sew my posts our always prefect and half know need of ann edit window. 

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
My solution is too use spell check sew my posts our always prefect and half know need of ann edit window.

Nice work, you've managed to highlight the computer spell-checking paradox to a T!  I like it :D  Spell check does catch dyslexic fingers though.  Not long until predictive text will write our posts for us.  Those things need to learn a user's writing style.

Gomjab

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »
I surf these forums on my iPad 99% of the time.  Apple’s autocorrect is always there to embarrass me if i’m not on my toes. I’ll get tapping too fast and autocorrect will gladly insert things that will make me look insane.

LoboLives

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 07:50:10 PM »
I was replying to something the other day and my iPad died after I accidentally submitted an incomplete response. I double checked later on my laptop once that I left at the studio and a moderator said my response was unhelpful or something. I guess it’s just luck of the draw.