Do you experience this display bug, when updating the OS?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Do you experience this display bug, when updating the OS?
« on: July 03, 2018, 12:54:57 AM »
I just updated my REV2 firmware this morning, and the REV2 was in screensaver mode when I initiated the dump from my DAW... the screen turned on, but the display's font was so huge it wrapped several times... i believe this must be an initialization bug in the bootloader... when the REV2 started burning the OS, it changed back to the right size in characters again... just a minor thing, but I thought DSI should at least know this. Picture shows the bug.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Do you experience this display bug, when updating the OS?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:07 AM »
I just updated my REV2 firmware this morning, and the REV2 was in screensaver mode when I initiated the dump from my DAW... the screen turned on, but the display's font was so huge it wrapped several times... i believe this must be an initialization bug in the bootloader... when the REV2 started burning the OS, it changed back to the right size in characters again... just a minor thing, but I thought DSI should at least know this. Picture shows the bug.

Curiously, when I updated from 1.1.0.3 to 1.1.4.4 just the opposite happened on my REV2; the font was minuscule, then turned back to normal size when burning the OS.

This did not happen when going from 1.1.4.4 to 1.1.4.5.

Not a big deal, but curious nonetheless.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Prophet REV2 (16V), VC340

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »
I bet that the onboard controller of the OLED display is sent a command that decides the sie of the writing, and that something in the bootloader is not sending the right size command to the display when going back from screensaver mode... or something similar...

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:23:29 AM »
I bet that the onboard controller of the OLED display is sent a command that decides the sie of the writing, and that something in the bootloader is not sending the right size command to the display when going back from screensaver mode... or something similar...

Most probably. And curious too that the encoder firmware fix, in version 1.1.4.4, had introduced a bug with the transpose LEDs, which shouldn't have anything to do with that ? Which has been quickly fixed with 1.1.4.5.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
I did not have the above issue that I noticed. When I updated the OS from 1.1.0.3 to 1.1.4.5 I ran the calibration procedure per instructions. All went well. The global menu after calibration went back to "press Write to calibrate OSC, filters" Should this not after completion go into a reboot mode?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
I did not have the above issue that I noticed. When I updated the OS from 1.1.0.3 to 1.1.4.5 I ran the calibration procedure per instructions. All went well. The global menu after calibration went back to "press Write to calibrate OSC, filters" Should this not after completion go into a reboot mode?

No, mine do not reset the device... I think it did earlier with earlier OS updates, but maybe they decided to change that...

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »
Mine rebooted itself after updating to 1.1.4.4 and also did the same after 1.1.4.5.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »
Mine rebooted itself after updating to 1.1.4.4 and also did the same after 1.1.4.5.

I'm talking about the calibration routine, not the OS... :)

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
Silly me... ::)

Sorry.

Of course mine goes back to Press write to calibrate, too.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
Thanks for the answers. For a second I thought the beer spill on it might have broken something.