Unexpected behaviour when changing programs

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
Re: Unexpected behaviour when changing programs
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 05:31:00 AM »
Did anybody report this bug with instructions on how to reproduce to DSI support? If not I would be willing to write up a quick mail tonight (CEST).

(Edit: past tense in report wrong ;-)

Yes, I did with link to this forum thread. Robot Heart can not have read the whole thread. Anyway, they came to the wrong conclusion about the issue and I will follow up with info on the F1P67 to F1P68 issue.
Great thanks, all they have to try is this:
Switch from U3-29 --> U3-30 wrong
switch from U3-31 --> U3-30 correct
 :)
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
Email from DSI support:

"Thanks for the update. We've aware of this behavior occurring occasionally under particular circumstances, and it's on our list of things to suss out further as we perform maintenance on the Rev2 OS in the coming months. For now, try avoiding using distortion on both layers of a stack/split patch and you should be fine."

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
Email from DSI support:

"Thanks for the update. We've aware of this behavior occurring occasionally under particular circumstances, and it's on our list of things to suss out further as we perform maintenance on the Rev2 OS in the coming months. For now, try avoiding using distortion on both layers of a stack/split patch and you should be fine."
Great, now the X is out our beloved engineers have some more time to look at firmware impovements of the current DSI product catalog. This also explains why I haven't hit this bug myself yet using my own patches. I haven't got into using the Rev2 on-board distortion yet.  ;)
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
You should be fine using the distortion on just one layer of a stacked/split patch. In a very narrow range of circumstances you may (or may not) have trouble with distortion on both layers of a stacked/split patch.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2018, 09:40:46 AM »
I just received my Rev2 (am very satisfied with it so far) however I noted a similar bug to what was mentioned. When I edit the Effect on a program, sometimes changing the parameters will result in the Effect to switching to "HP filter" automatically.

On separate occasions, this issue also affects Oscillator Shape or Split/Stack A|B when adjusting Oscillator or Amplifier parameters. The Shape reverts back automatically or Split/Stack switches on by itself. Should I be concerned?
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 11:47:12 AM »
I just received my Rev2 (am very satisfied with it so far) however I noted a similar bug to what was mentioned. When I edit the Effect on a program, sometimes changing the parameters will result in the Effect to switching to "HP filter" automatically.

On separate occasions, this issue also affects Oscillator Shape or Split/Stack A|B when adjusting Oscillator or Amplifier parameters. The Shape reverts back automatically or Split/Stack switches on by itself. Should I be concerned?

If you have exact reproducible steps for these behaviors, please email them to our dedicated support channel, support (at) davesmithinstruments (dot) com.
SEQUENTIAL