Best editor for gate sequencer?

Best editor for gate sequencer?
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
As far as I know there are 2 editors avialable for PC: Soundtower for about 70 $ and Codeknobs for about 50 $.

With which of these would I have more fun, if my purpose is mainly for setting/tweaking the gate sequencer in realtime in stand alone modus?

Re: Best editor for gate sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
Both have a demo, so you can try them out. What really bugs me is that the Soundtower edition is limited in features, so there's no way of knowing if it works like your would expect it to. Codeknobs on the other hand is fully functional, for at limited time.

Sequencer in Soundtower looks fastest. I like how you can just 'draw' the notes in there. In Codeknobs it's a slider.

Overall codeknobs has some really cool features, like parameter reset to program default with cmd click, and tweaking just seems much smoother. I just wish it had both layers on the same page, stack a/b indicator, clickable wavetable selector and clock sync time signature.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:47:36 PM »
Thanks! 
I purchased the Soundtower now, because the setting/tweaking of the sequencer is my main purpose. And I like the look of the software better.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
I just received my Rev2 last week and am going to use it mostly on my DAW; I realised that Soundtower's sequencer is only available in the Standalone Editor and not the PlugSE. Soundtower's reason was, polysequences are static and there is nothing to automate, so it is not included in the PlugSE.

I understand their reasoning but knowing that the Standalone Editor has the capability to edit sequences and more, surely they can add that to the PlugSE...
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:52 AM »
I just received my Rev2 last week and am going to use it mostly on my DAW; I realised that Soundtower's sequencer is only available in the Standalone Editor and not the PlugSE. Soundtower's reason was, polysequences are static and there is nothing to automate, so it is not included in the PlugSE.

I understand their reasoning but knowing that the Standalone Editor has the capability to edit sequences and more, surely they can add that to the PlugSE...

I'm working on a 4x16 pots midi controller for the sole purpose. I do have to say that once you get used to it is ok to program them on the REV2 itself.