Help with clocking/beat syncing the arp/sequencer via pedal/cv jack?

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as I'm kind of new to all of this, though I've gleaned lots of good info from lurking on this forum, thanks for that.

Last night I spent a long time trying to (mostly unsuccessfully) get the arp and sequencer to "clock" off the sync out of my Arturia KeyStep via the pedal/cv input on my rev2. I had a modicum of success when I did get the arp to clock off the KeyStep, but having the sync signal from the KeyStep plugged into the pedal/cv jack on the rev2 (with the global setting for the jack set to "trigger") greatly reduced the volume of the rev2. Beyond that, the sync signal affected non-arpeggiated notes as I could hear the clock pulse when I'd play a note with the arp off, again at a reduced volume, almost like it was affecting something in the VCA. I figure I'm missing some simple setting - like I said I'm still just learning about all this stuff and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

(I had no luck with the sequencer, but that's probably a topic for another time as I'm not even sure what to say about that yet. I'll need some more time experimenting, I think it might be a MIDI setup issue with Pro Tools or something.)

Re: Help with clocking/beat syncing the arp/sequencer via pedal/cv jack?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 10:57:46 AM »
You don’t want to use the pedal/cv jack to send a clock. You want to use the dedicated Sequencer jack. I think you want the NORMAL setting based on what you explained.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Oof. Somehow, even though I did RTFM and everything I could find on this forum on the subject, I totally biffed this. Thanks a ton for the help. So much time wasted last night... Good thing there's tonight.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:53:46 AM »
Sometimes it is the simple things.  ;)