« on: June 20, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
1. Assign Sequencer 1 (for example) to OscAllFreq
2. Set step 5 to Reset
3. Set step 2 to 1
4. Set step 3 to 2
5. Set Seq. Trig. to Key Step
6. Assign Modulator 1 source to Sequencer 1
7. Assign Modulator 1 destination to OscAllFreq
8. Set Modulator 1 amount to somewhere between -127, where the "sequenced slop" will have no effect, and -110, where it's probably too much.
9. Optional, set a very slow triangle LFO to modulate Modulator 1 by a small amount.

Now each voice will be detuned somewhat, consistently each time it is played, as though its voice card had drifted. You can do the same thing for individual oscillators, as well, of course.

Re: Trick for "more slop"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »
Thanks for posting. I was trying to use the other method described for the P08 and rev2, but was confused because fine tune is not a modulatable source. Have you pulled this method up on a scope to look for 'harmonic jitter'?

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:51 PM »
No, but I don't really see a reason to. I can hear the discrepancies between the voices. By using modulator 1 to scale the sequencer setting, it lets you scale the effect down as much as you want

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:45:38 AM »
No, but I don't really see a reason to. I can hear the discrepancies between the voices. By using modulator 1 to scale the sequencer setting, it lets you scale the effect down as much as you want

I’m mostly being pedantic, but yes, I can definitely hear the chorusing effect. Since we can’t modulate fine tune, this does a really good job of getting more slop.