Behringer Versus Dave Smith Instruments

Re: Behringer Versus Dave Smith Instruments
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
The thing is Behringers strategy works, on GS any post about this legal case is deleted, most posts criticising Behringer are deleted leaving mostly positive stuff remaining.

GS obviously don't want to upset them in anyway, maybe they haven't got $100,000 hanging around for legal costs.

Also search for "Behringer DSI" on google, not many sites are going with this story.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:09:43 AM by BobTheDog »

dslsynth

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
The "interesting" thing is that its hard to make a market work properly if such tactics are in use. So one could wonder if there are ways to limit such behavior via market regulation. Maybe not in the states but one could hope it could be the case in more regulated areas.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »
The thing is Behringers strategy works, on GS any post about this legal case is deleted, most posts criticising Behringer are deleted leaving mostly positive stuff remaining.

It's true.  In that sense, Behringer actually won this case.  Uli may be many things, but he's not dumb.  He's very shrewd.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 09:32:37 PM »
Tried and tested tactic is to just appeal your foe into bankruptcy.  Money, money, money......
Sad way to "compete". I have the feeling that "business" and "ethics" are not always very good friends but there ought to be limits to how far such tactics can be taken. Hopefully there are markets with more sensible rules that allows such techniques to be stopped firmly.

I once saw a book in a store window entitled "Ethics of Business".  I laughed so hard that day.

To be fair they should delete every mention of the trolling company and their products.  Remove them from their (well used) data base also.  What's good for the goose and all....

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 07:55:50 AM »
That would be the fairest way to deal with this.  If Uli wants to threaten little people with lawsuits and so badly affect the spirit of the forums, then he should be banned from them.  And if all that remains of the concerned GS thread is edited happy-clappy twaddle, then it misrepresents the facts and fails to advise people.  Delete it all and forbid the problem from posting again.  That would be my personal solution.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:59:06 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »
....most posts criticising Behringer are deleted leaving mostly positive stuff remaining.
I want to test this...
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
After some soul searching, read Uli's point of view and followed the Gearslutz saga etc, I cancelled my Neutron order yesterday. I will be keeping the DM12D, money already spent and principles set aside for that one. But this is it, I will not buy any more Behringer equipment.

Anyway, DSI has made it easier for me to steer away from Eurorack for the time being. I need a year at least so save for the Prophet X. Which, I believe is very much my kind of instrument: cinematic, deep sound design, many modulation possibilities and sampling. Kind of what I am trying to build in my current studio setup with the Akai, Rev2, Evolver and several outboard rack effect units. But of course the Akai doesn't have analogue filters.

All this second had stuff, except the new Rev2, still cost me less than 1/5 of the price of an X .... pheew.

P.S. My favorite shop in the Netherlands won't suffer to much as I ordered a professional microphone + stand instead  ;)
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
Behringer makes shit.  Have been doing so for years. 
About a two decade ago, I was considering a Behringer mixer... my trusted Sweetwater rep warned me about their build quality and components. Specifically, he told me I wouldn’t like the “noise to signal” ratio.
I trusted his advice. He is still my Sweetwater rep.  I have still never bought anything made by Behringer.

My band owned a Behringer PA for exactly three practices before it literally started pouring smoke

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 09:23:34 AM »
So then, it was a combination PA/smoke show.  Now if it caught on fire, it was also a light show.  Great all-in-one deal!

Shaw

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |