The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

OB6 vs REV2

Re: OB6 vs REV2
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 03:41:36 AM »
Around 2011, Tom Oberheim announced a four-voice SEM called "Son Of 4 Voice" also known as SO4V. It started shipping in 2014. Only a very limited number of units were actually produced and shipped, since they were all made by hand one at a time, before being discontinued soon after the DSI OB6 was announced, for which Tom has designed the voice cards (VCOs/VCF) replicating his SEM modules circuitry.

Actually, the SO4V never saw the light of the day, as there were some delaying issues with the OS of the programmer module. Tom focused on the Two Voice Pro instead, which was announced in 2012 and became available around 2015 until it was discontinued last year.

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 05:30:07 AM »
I thought that since Sweetwater Sound still lists it on their online store as discontinued, that it did ship at some point ?
But I stand corrected. Thanks.
Minimoog D (vintage), DSI OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller), DSI REV2-16.

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:40 AM »
I thought that since Sweetwater Sound still lists it on their online store as discontinued, that it did ship at some point ?
But I stand corrected. Thanks.

Yes, you're right. I remember Sweetwater listing it after it was announced. But only the rendering made its way out of Tom's workspace.