Tremolo sound before effects section

Tremolo sound before effects section
« on: June 16, 2018, 11:13:25 PM »
Hello!
I have only used the Prophet rev2 for a few days so this might be a stupid question. I want a subtle tremolo effect to the overall sound level before the effects section. I use LFO1 as source and VCA as destination. I thought the VCA destination was an overall volume control in series with the VCA section. However, the sound goes on forever if I use this as the destination (which I don't understand). Which destination should I use, is VCA envelope amount the best choice?

Re: Tremolo sound before effects section
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:15:37 AM »
It’s not intuitive but Amp Env Amount is what you’re looking for.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 01:48:42 AM »

Thank you for the answer! Can you also tell me what the VCA destination actually does since the tone never stops?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »

Thank you for the answer! Can you also tell me what the VCA destination actually does since the tone never stops?
That’s pretty much what it does! It opens the VCA volume for infinite sustain, regardless of how the envelope is set to control sustain and release. It’s very useful for drones, special fx and a kind of analog looper, but for standard key playing and sequencing you can leave it at 0.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
That’s pretty much what it does! It opens the VCA volume for infinite sustain, regardless of how the envelope is set to control sustain and release. It’s very useful for drones, special fx and a kind of analog looper, but for standard key playing and sequencing you can leave it at 0.

Thank you! Sounds like an interesting feature that I will experiment with later.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:38:28 PM by osflaa »