OB6: Midiloop and no sound problem

OB6: Midiloop and no sound problem
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Hi All!

This week I decided to buy a secondhand OB6. So far loving it, however Ive run into some issues which I hope some of you have had experience with.

So to begin with, I use midicables connected to my computer with Ableton 10. I noticed an issue which involved all kind of settings doing strange random stuff on my OB6, bankprogramnumbers stuttering, etc. It was in a way I almost thought my OB6 was broke lol. However, I figured it was a mididataloop and after disconnecting the midicables  I didnt have this issue anymore. However, this means I am not able to use MIDI normally in combination with my OB6. I also use OB6 as a MidiKeyboard.

After reading the manual, I decided to turn off ''Local Control'' which was suggested for avoiding midiloops. Today when I swtiched my OB6 on however, it didnt produce any sound. Turned every knob, but nothing, also not from headphone output. This was solved after turning Local Control On again.

So my question is: Do I have to worry about something, as I didnt have this strange kind of behaviour earlier from any synth I owned and 2. is there a solution for the MIDI Dataloop? thanks!

Re: OB6: Midiloop and no sound problem
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »
If local control is turned off you have to have Ableton running and the OB-6 selected to be able to play the OB-6. If you want to just play on the OB-6 without going through Ableton you have to turn local control back on. This is normal behaviour.