My Rev2 is noisy

Re: My Rev2 is noisy
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »
You can read more about locating and eliminating ground loops in your system at the following web link (PDF file):

Understanding & Eliminating Ground Loops

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer, will check here.

Cheers !

Re: My Rev2 is noisy
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2021, 12:09:38 AM »
i had the same or at least a similar problem. Regardless of the master volume output, I always had a kind of background noise on all outputs, i.e. headphones and line outs even if the master volume output was "0". In addition, there was a signal in the high frequency range that was only visible after I played a sound.

i have attached the frequency spectrum of the broken device and a small video that shows what was happening after I had played any sound. But regardless of what the frequency spectrum showed, the background noise could always be heard.

I tried to re-import the firmware, to reset the device and to recalibrate it. unfortunately nothing helped.

Solution: i had to exchange the device. and now everything is fine. no more rushing at all and no strange signals in the frequency spectrum either. now the rev2 sounds perfect and 100% clean.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 01:26:43 AM by seq_user12123 »
Yamaha MO8, Seq Pro3, Seq Rev2/16, Model: Cycles, Moog DFAM, Modular, Akai MPC One, Pearl Mimic Pro, Midas M32R