MIDI OUT and Non-Discrete control

MIDI OUT and Non-Discrete control
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
Dear DSI, one more time:

Please update P6 firmware with essential sequencer and arpeggiator MIDI OUT and let us enjoy non-discrete control over P6 (right now nearly every pot is "quantized" to steps and it's especially notable if you do slow motion tweaking).

It's now already about a year since last update, so...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:02:53 PM by T-Punk »

Re: MIDI OUT and Non-Discrete control
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:06:03 AM »
Dear DSI, one more time:

Please update P6 firmware with essential sequencer and arpeggiator MIDI OUT and let us enjoy non-discrete control over P6 (right now nearly every pot is "quantized" to steps and it's especially notable if you do slow motion tweaking).

It's now already about a year since last update, so...

I agree with the first bit. I don't know why there is no MIDI out on the arpeggiator and sequencer. Maybe it is a hardware issue?

Sometimes I am messing around with the Arpeggiator in Assign mode which is brilliant but I forget what I played and, if I have a great groove, I record it to tape and have to listen very carefully to try to re-create it. This is almost impossible if I have used any digital delay or bucket brigade delay which cause note repeats of course!

A good alternative would be to be able to transfer the arpeggio to the step sequencer for instance by pressing Sequencer record while an arpeggio is being played on Hold.

It would also be nice if the Arpeggio continued when you change patches.

However, sometimes we just have to work around the constrained design and enjoy what you've got, which is the sound - THAT sound!

Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.