USB Midi

USB Midi
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
Hey there folks, just came home with a Prophet 6 and love the sound, but I can't seem to get USB MIDI to work.  It works totally fine with MIDI cables, and my computer recognizes the synth with the USB cable but no MIDI is being transmitted.

I used the MIDI cables to update to the latest OS as the USB wasn't working for that either and the update had no effect. I'm on Logic on a Mac, but the DAW doesn't seem to be the problem as MIDI Studio doesn't 'ping' to tell me about incoming MIDI information as it does when using the MIDI cables. I've tried multiple USB cables to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, the USB MIDI functionality was a big part of my thinking in trading up from the Prophet '08.

Cheers,
Joe

DiScO

Re: USB Midi
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:52:59 AM »
Hi Joe,

I've battled with USB MIDI problems and the Prophet 6 since I bought it on release. I'm also a Logic X user.

To state the obvious, have you set MIDI Sysex - MIDI out to USB in global? As oppose to DIN that is.

I've just purchased a MOTU MIDI Express 128, and all woes have gone away. I was getting lock ups in Logic and latency was not great, but all is well now over traditional 5 PIN DIN!

Hope that helps,

Adrian.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »
Hey! That worked! I feel like a prize idiot thank you so much!

ddp

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
I just never ever thought of hooking up DIN MIDI to my Prophets.  Is there a general preference for MIDI over USB here?
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.