SYSEX

SYSEX
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:01:25 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to send .syx files to the Tempest via SysEx Librarian. When I press to send the Tempest shows the following message: **** Receiving Sound File ****

the, it freezes. I need then to restart the tempest. So I cannot upload the sounds I have in my computer. Any ideas?

Re: SYSEX
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 04:38:09 AM »
There can be many factors...
What’s your OS versions?Is there any available space to load the sysex file and has it been downloaded uncorrupted?Keep in mind that space in Tempest is distributed separately for Sounds,Beats,Projects.Let me know of these and we’ll take it from there..

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 01:16:08 AM »
I use sysex librarian and haven't run into any issues. Have you tried altering the 'speed' setting? Are you using USB or DIN? You should probably try both.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »
Personally i use Elektron’s C6 sysex utility you should try this one..

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 02:11:18 AM »
I agree - The Elektron C6 app has always been super-reliable with all my DSI synths.

Arrrrgghhh !! **** Receiving Sound File ****
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »

Im trying to upload new sounds

Using C6 / Sysex Librarian @ 50% speed /

Still stuck on **** Receiving Sound File ****

VIA USB .. / I just updated the OS / and it worked fine

anyone know ?

happy xmas to you all btw

Hi,

I am trying to send .syx files to the Tempest via SysEx Librarian. When I press to send the Tempest shows the following message: **** Receiving Sound File ****

the, it freezes. I need then to restart the tempest. So I cannot upload the sounds I have in my computer. Any ideas?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
I read somewhere, that if you try to send files to tempest, but there is not enough space in memory for the sounds, beats or projects you try to upload, then Tempest will simply halt with the text about loading still on the display... You should make sure there is enough free memory to house the files you send before dumping them. There should be a button you can press to exit this freeze though I cannot remember which one... I believe I read this somewhere in the manual or the manual addendum.
If you need me, follow the shadows...