Starting play or record in Logic X starts the sequencer on the Prophet Rev 2

Hi

I'm having trouble using the Prophet Rev 2 with Logic X because the transport controls in Logic X appear to send a "MIDI start" message which triggers the sequencer on the Prophet, even when I don't want it to.

I do want Logic to be the master for BPM and send MIDI clock messages. However this has the aforementioned unusable side effect.

Any advice? For example I thought there might be some way of clearing the Poly Sequencer on the Rev 2, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you.

Global>MIDI Clock Mode>Slave No S/S (no start and stop)

RTFM 😏
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Thanks for the Slave No S/S mode tip!! made my day :)

Hi

I'm having trouble using the Prophet Rev 2 with Logic X because the transport controls in Logic X appear to send a "MIDI start" message which triggers the sequencer on the Prophet, even when I don't want it to.

I do want Logic to be the master for BPM and send MIDI clock messages. However this has the aforementioned unusable side effect.

Any advice? For example I thought there might be some way of clearing the Poly Sequencer on the Rev 2, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you.

Go on Global > Midi Clock mode and select 'Slave No S/S' ; this did the trick for me in Ableton.

Shaw

Also worked for me with Logic Pro X and Prophet X.

Took me several minutes just to figure out where the damned notes were coming from.  Thought I was LOSING MY MIND!!!

:)
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |