The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Hardware Sequencers

Re: Hardware Sequencers
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 07:14:02 PM »
9 months wait so far. I hope lots of people renege on their orders so it comes sooner.

I looked at the Engine. Everything about it looks great.
But, where it falls short in my comparison to the Cirklon is that Engine has 8 tracks with a max 4 note poly. Thatís not bad, but Iíd like to take full advantage of my 16 voice Rev2.

Itís a max of 16notes per track on the Cirklon, and apparently infinity on the pyramid.

If the Pyramid were a desktop pc, yeah infinite notes, but it's not and is limited by how much else is going on.  I've not hit the limit, but I'm not running any 128 voice polyphony instruments from it to even start to push it's events-per-step limit.

Oh yeah, I got an SQ-1 finally.  Good little box for running CV from.

And the SQ-1 is just a little more affordable than the Cirklon!  :D  Iíve thought of grabbing one to feed into some Eurorack modules.

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 12:09:30 AM »
9 months wait so far. I hope lots of people renege on their orders so it comes sooner.

I looked at the Engine. Everything about it looks great.
But, where it falls short in my comparison to the Cirklon is that Engine has 8 tracks with a max 4 note poly. Thatís not bad, but Iíd like to take full advantage of my 16 voice Rev2.

Itís a max of 16notes per track on the Cirklon, and apparently infinity on the pyramid.

If the Pyramid were a desktop pc, yeah infinite notes, but it's not and is limited by how much else is going on.  I've not hit the limit, but I'm not running any 128 voice polyphony instruments from it to even start to push it's events-per-step limit.

Oh yeah, I got an SQ-1 finally.  Good little box for running CV from.

And the SQ-1 is just a little more affordable than the Cirklon!  :D  Iíve thought of grabbing one to feed into some Eurorack modules.

That's what I'm doing with mine.  You can use it as a fixed voltage source also when it's stationary, each step can be triggered individually and the value set will be output via the CV outs.  It's great for what it is, only complaint is the knobs are ambiguous.

jok3r

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »
I followed this thread quietly the last weeks... and now this appeared in my Twitter account today:

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/10/10/novations-next-generation-sl-keyboard-controllers

Thought that could be a thing for you... looks pretty amazing to me.
Prophet Rev2, Novation Peak, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES,  Akai MPK 261

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »
I followed this thread quietly the last weeks... and now this appeared in my Twitter account today:

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/10/10/novations-next-generation-sl-keyboard-controllers

Oh sick!  I'd thought they'd retired the SL line and was rather disappointed in what was left behind from what were the best quality and feature laden controller range for the price.
The sequencer is a bonus, brings it inline with some of the other manufacture's offerings (Akai and Korg have recently had controllers with basic sequencers onboard).  Wasn't expecting it to record CC's.  2xCV pitch/gate/mod outputs is a boon.  I think that there will be a ReMote 25 on gumtree really soon.  Maybe an SL Zero too.

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »

Oh sick!  I'd thought they'd retired the SL line and was rather disappointed in what was left behind from what were the best quality and feature laden controller range for the price.
The sequencer is a bonus, brings it inline with some of the other manufacture's offerings (Akai and Korg have recently had controllers with basic sequencers onboard).  Wasn't expecting it to record CC's.  2xCV pitch/gate/mod outputs is a boon.  I think that there will be a ReMote 25 on gumtree really soon.  Maybe an SL Zero too.

I do hope that we'll see more onboard sequencer built into midi controllers in the future. I'd like to see them on some of the SP line of Kurzweil's stuff as well as opposed to exclusively on the Forte and PC3 lines.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano,Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland FA-08, Baldwin Upright Piano, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Chet Atkins SST, Jackson King V, Ibanez Jem, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »
I posted before the demo vid had finished playing.  The Circuit styling of the sequencer workflow makes it a must buy now!  Lucky the BSP has a drum sequencer on it, or it might have gone on the classifieds pages too, though my Circuit is now definitely going there.