Headphone output impedance is?

MPM

Headphone output impedance is?
« on: June 02, 2018, 06:34:47 PM »
Yesterday I took my headphones out to audition the OB6 , so I’d have a good reference to my other synths.
I’m using the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250 ohm, open back.

Via headphones the OB6 didn’t sound too impressive, very weak compared to the headphone out on the Rev2. They didn’t have staff available to hook up monitoring.

I’ve heard it live a few times and got a totally different impression, so I’m wondering, is the headphone output on this just weak?

Might return with a small A&H mixer and do an A-B. But if anyone can tell me what the output impedance is, that might explain it.

Cheers
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

Re: Headphone output impedance is?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:00:39 AM »
I noticed the same on my DT770 when my new OB6 showed up yesterday. I can't recall what the ohms are on mine but I'm going to try a different set when I get back to the studio.
DSI Mopho SE / DSI Prophet Rev2-16 / DSI OB-6 / Roland D-50 / Roland Juno DS88

MPM

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
I've had it a while now and by comparison, going thru the mixer, it's one of loudest synths I've owned.
So, I think the headphone out is just geared for lower impedance headphones.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
THIS is a very cheap but effective solution:
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments