MIDI note off Glitch?

MIDI note off Glitch?
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »
Why is my Prophet 08 receiving MIDI note off from a controller keyboard set to a different MIDI channel? Only using the controller to send out MIDI channel 16 for the purpose of sending out bank and program changes to the Prophet. The Prophet is set up to receive only channel 16 in global.

The issue is when playing a chord on the controller (which is set up in a range that only transmits out MIDI channel 1)... and at the same time, a held chord or any held note on the Prophet, cuts out as if it received a MIDI note off command each time I change a chord (lift my left hand from the keyboard) on the controller.

In other words, when changing chords on the controller and holding a note or chord on the Prophet, the Prophet will cut out as if receiving note off commands.

This ONLY happens with the Prophet. Iv'e tested with other synths on channel 16, and the note off does not occur! Forgot to mention, the controller has the ability to control multiple MIDI channels at the same time. I tested this with 3 other synths. Any thoughts? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:39:08 PM by Logic Song »

chysn

Re: MIDI note off Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »
Does this still happen if you change the Prophet to respond on a different channel?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »
Does this still happen if you change the Prophet to respond on a different channel?

The Answer to your question is yes I have and yes it did occure. But I found out last night that it is indeed an issue with using external instruments in a combi on the Korg Kronos on any channel,. Even though that Timbre is muted to not send any note info, (only wanted bank/program info), it still sends out MIDI note OFF info. That is what is called a bug. I remedied it myself by range key-mapping the external timbre out of range of the Prophet08. No more notes ending. But still, it's a bug.  ::) Huge company like Korg, really?

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 01:36:00 AM »
Moin Logic Song,

I do not know the Kronos myself regarding MIDI, but for a "central workstation keyboard" in a MIDI-setup, the behaviour described by You might be useful under certain circumstances.

But it certainly is a bug, if it cannot be configured!

So: Is there a corresponding Kronos MIDI-setting?  If so: Did You try to change it?

HTH

Martin