Prophet X Supersaw

Prophet X Supersaw
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:43 PM »
Does anybody know what the Prophet X Supersaw exactly is?  For example would it be something like 7 saws detuned like the Supersaw in the Roland JP-8000?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Prophet X Supersaw
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:42:46 AM »
Check the info on the Pro2... i bet with 99% certainty, it's exactly the same ported directly ;)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »
Check the info on the Pro2... i bet with 99% certainty, it's exactly the same ported directly ;)
This doesn't help because I have a hard time finding info on Pro 2's super saw and super waves.  Do you know how many are stacked?

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
Bump.  Has anyone messed with the Supersaw much?  Does anyone know how many saws are stacked to make the Supersaw?  Can you pan it out and make it stereo?  Can you detune to taste?  I really want a Dave Smith polyphonic synth/keyboard that has a "supersaw" oscillator with an analog filter (I have the 12 and I can create my own supersaws, but it would be convenient to just have a supersaw as an oscillator wave shape.  I would totally get the PX, but it's super expensive for me and I don't care for the sample part of it very much. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:29:31 PM by Shay »

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:09:27 AM »
Bump.  Has anyone messed with the Supersaw much?  Does anyone know how many saws are stacked to make the Supersaw?  Can you pan it out and make it stereo?  Can you detune to taste?  I really want a Dave Smith polyphonic synth/keyboard that has a "supersaw" oscillator with an analog filter (I have the 12 and I can create my own supersaws, but it would be convenient to just have a supersaw as an oscillator wave shape.  I would totally get the PX, but it's super expensive for me and I don't care for the sample part of it very much.

I’d say wait for Sequential’s next synth. I use the SuperSaws a bit on my Prophet X patches but it’s usually layered with a sample so if you are only interested in SuperSaws of the PX, it would be a waste of an amazing instrument to get it simply for that. 

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
I’d say wait for Sequential’s next synth. I use the SuperSaws a bit on my Prophet X patches but it’s usually layered with a sample so if you are only interested in SuperSaws of the PX, it would be a waste of an amazing instrument to get it simply for that.
I really hope they come out with something to compete with the Prologue (even though the rev 2 and prologue are already kind of "competing").  I just mean something that has VCO's, a digital oscillator, and VCFs's (and an option to bypass the filter).

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »
I really hope they come out with something to compete with the Prologue (even though the rev 2 and prologue are already kind of "competing").  I just mean something that has VCO's, a digital oscillator, and VCFs's (and an option to bypass the filter).

Sounds like an updated Poly Evolver.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »
I sent an email to Sequential and they said:

"There are 4 additional saws aside from the middle saw, so 5 saws altogether.

There is the ability to use the LFO or other modulation option to affect the panning of either the oscillators themselves or the pan spread. I hope this answers your question."