8Dio Bank Inquiry

8Dio Bank Inquiry
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
The current demos I hear don’t offer much insight to what 8dio has contributed to the Prophet X.  Specifically, I’m wondering if realistic acoustic ensembles have been included for strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion.  Are such patches included?  If so, when can we hear them online?

Re: 8Dio Bank Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 09:10:46 AM »
Found one here that was added this month   ;D

https://youtu.be/yqniXnWrvjc

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 02:58:46 PM »
All of the samples come from 8Dio, so if you've heard a demo then you've almost certainly heard some of their samples in action.  There are actually quite a few demos on the 8Dio Productions YouTube channel.  A complete playlist with all of them is maintained here.  Here's what they have to say on the subject of what kinds of samples are included:

"The Sequential Prophet X contains over 150GB of deep-sampled instruments – derived from a wide assortment of custom libraries (specifically designed for the Prophet X) and from the 8Dio and private V8P collections. Thousands of deep-sampled instruments and far too many to list. Ambiences, Upright and Electric Basses, Studio Brass Ensemble and Studio Brass Solo Instruments (ex. Trombone, Trumpet, Saxophone etc), Large-Scale Symphonic Choirs, Childrens Choir, Experimental Basses and a large section of custom instruments.

Several deep-sampled drum kits and +50 different electronic kits, Massive Ensemble Percussion Sets, Taiko Drums, Guitars (ex. Acoustic, 12-String, Dobro, Electric, Mandolin etc), Thousands of Cinematic Sound Design Tools, Vintage Keyboards (ex. Suitcase, Hammond, Wurlitzer, Clavinet etc), Orchestral Effects. Deep Assortment of both Tonal and Non-Tonal Percussion, Grand Pianos, Upright Pianos, Prepared Pianos. Solo Voices. Studio String and Woodwind Ensembles. Custom Wavetables. Synth Ensembles and thousands of other instruments."

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:04:57 PM »
All of the samples come from 8Dio, so if you've heard a demo then you've almost certainly heard some of their samples in action.  There are actually quite a few demos on the 8Dio Productions YouTube channel.  A complete playlist with all of them is maintained here.  Here's what they have to say on the subject of what kinds of samples are included:

"The Sequential Prophet X contains over 150GB of deep-sampled instruments – derived from a wide assortment of custom libraries (specifically designed for the Prophet X) and from the 8Dio and private V8P collections. Thousands of deep-sampled instruments and far too many to list. Ambiences, Upright and Electric Basses, Studio Brass Ensemble and Studio Brass Solo Instruments (ex. Trombone, Trumpet, Saxophone etc), Large-Scale Symphonic Choirs, Childrens Choir, Experimental Basses and a large section of custom instruments.

Several deep-sampled drum kits and +50 different electronic kits, Massive Ensemble Percussion Sets, Taiko Drums, Guitars (ex. Acoustic, 12-String, Dobro, Electric, Mandolin etc), Thousands of Cinematic Sound Design Tools, Vintage Keyboards (ex. Suitcase, Hammond, Wurlitzer, Clavinet etc), Orchestral Effects. Deep Assortment of both Tonal and Non-Tonal Percussion, Grand Pianos, Upright Pianos, Prepared Pianos. Solo Voices. Studio String and Woodwind Ensembles. Custom Wavetables. Synth Ensembles and thousands of other instruments."

Can't wait. :)

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »
Me, either.  I've been going slightly batty keeping up with the slow trickle of demos and facts while waiting for "early June" to arrive.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
Me, either.  I've been going slightly batty keeping up with the slow trickle of demos and facts while waiting for "early June" to arrive.

I’ve been listening to a lot of old Emulator demos and a lot of soundtracks that use samplers and I already have plenty of ideas on how to use this.

What I am going to do is do a series of videos like Automatic Gainsay does and do a walk through with the Prophet X with my dad. I’m going to show him and others on how it works and some tips for programming the samples to do natural articulations. Hopefully DSI puts the videos up on their Prophet X page.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »

I’ve been listening to a lot of old Emulator demos and a lot of soundtracks that use samplers and I already have plenty of ideas on how to use this.

What I am going to do is do a series of videos like Automatic Gainsay does and do a walk through with the Prophet X with my dad. I’m going to show him and others on how it works and some tips for programming the samples to do natural articulations. Hopefully DSI puts the videos up on their Prophet X page.
What a great idea, yes please!

I will start saving for a possible next year purchase ...... (or win the lottery  ;) )
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »
I asked 8Dio about the possibility of including some famous old school sampler sounds as a pack to load in. Emulator, Prophet 2000, Fairlight. They said that it sounds like a good idea and gave me a wink. So that might be something down the pipeline hopefully.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
It would be a great start if 8Dio would announce pricing and availability for the two packs they describe on their web site, never mind the third “Wonder” pack they allude to in their videos.  The Prophet 5 pack is still listed as “Coming May 2018”, which is a little silly at this point so a new ETA if nothing else would be appreciated.

I’ll have my Prophet X tomorrow and I’m sure I’ll have my hands full with the included sample set - but they could strike while enthusiasm has the best of me.